Finally JB is out

fergie77

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
the interface is basically the same as blackrain, just says "jailbreak" instead of "make it rain" although i cant find my sync cable atm so i cant jailbreak :(

Joletzring

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreak Questions

I have never jailbroken my iPhone and so I have some basic questions:

(1) If I download and jailbreak my iphone 3gs using this spirit jailbreak, is there anything I need to do first to backup firmware, etc. in the event that I need or want to restore to my factory setup? If there is something I need to backup how do I do it?

(2) What if my phone craps out on me 2 months from now and it is jailbroken. How do I ensure that Apple will still honor the warranty? Is it simple enough to just restore the phone to its factory setting that this isn't a concern?

Thanks!

-Jonathan

MeTHoD-X

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded it (took a few tries) but I'm not letting it touch my phone until it's posted on this blog or another reputable source. Not taking any chances. You guys can be the guinea pigs though ;)

If this is true then I'm very happy! Finally I can jailbreak my phone again. I was one of those idiots who "accidentally" updated his firmware. I was on my way out the door and thought the updater said iPhoto and not iPhone. Uh.

Matt

Muero

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Works for many, but doesn't work for a lot of people. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with an iPad (WiFi) 16GB. I get a "dl.exe error" which is the same as quite a few others.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
got mine!!!
Ran it, but I error out to "failed to jailbreak, code c0000005". hmmm. comex has a few suggestions, so I'll try them. updates as they happen!

Muero

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
For those having trouble, run it in Windows 98 compatibility mode (right click, properties, then there's a compatibility tab).

sschlesinger

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
For those having trouble, run it in Windows 98 compatibility mode (right click, properties, then there's a compatibility tab).

Omg Thanks been trying to run in xp mode, but yes running it in 98 does work. Besides the birth of my kids and marrying my wife this could be one of the happiest days in my life.

Last edited:

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Same here on Win 7 Pro 32

Ya, I'm win7 enterprise 64bit.
It runs fine, so I don't think its a compatability issue, I'm workin on getting itunes updated now.
gonna end up continuing from home, I get out of work in about 30 min.

Muero

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
So I've now had my iPad jailbroken about 5 minutes, and I'm already restoring it in iTunes. Installing SBSettings pretty much made my iPad useless.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... got cydia back, so WOOHOO! But... internet tethering isn't back, so Rats. That's the only reason I wanted to JB. Maybe I can find something on Cydia.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR