Hello everyone, I am new and an ***** =(

I jail breaked my iphone sucessfully and one day I decided to restore the iphone to its factory settings via the iphones menus and forgot about the jailbreak and now its messed up. I can get Itunes to recognise the iphone, but it wont restore i get an error and I see the Ipod cable into itunes on the iphone screen.

Can someone help me get back to a fresh working phone please!

Many thanks

1 Dumb-a*s

Karl
    05-02-2010 02:15 PM
    well there's a cable pointing at itunes... maybe it means you should connect your phone via the usb to your computer? and open up itunes if it doesn't by itself? then there will be instructions like "you must restore" then you click the "restore button"

but unfortunately if it's a 3gs you won't be able to downgrade unless you backed up your shsh hashes

geez ppl are getting stupider and stupider these days... i was stupid but they is even stupider than me O.o

like the other day some guy didn't know how to google and I had to write a step by step tutorial :P
    05-02-2010 04:31 PM
    Thanks for your reply

I feel there is no need for you to suggest I am stupid. I can read and understand instructions and fyi I did connect it to itunes and attempt a restore. It comes up with an error message during the restoration place...hence why I posted here. Albeit why I said "but it wont restore i get an error and I see the Ipod cable into itunes on the iphone screen" so without causing offence you need to be less hasty with your replies and read!
    05-02-2010 04:44 PM
    What error do you get? What iPhone is it ( 2g, 3g, 3gs )?
    05-02-2010 04:54 PM
    Hi thanks for your reply its a 3G and error is a 1604.
    05-02-2010 05:07 PM
    why u shouldnt jailbreak ure ipods :P
    05-02-2010 05:48 PM
    so anyone? =(
    05-06-2010 03:27 PM
    h t t p://support.apple.com/kb/ts1275
    I found this on apple support. take out the spaces obviously they give a variety of options on trying to fix it
    05-06-2010 03:51 PM
    Try putting it into DFU mode and then restoring.
    05-06-2010 03:54 PM
    I'm not sure if it'll matter because I think you're already in recovery mode but you could try and force it back into recovery mode.

Disconnect your iPhone from the computer and turn it off.

While it's off hold in the home button and plug it into the computer.

When you see the cable pointing at iTunes let go of the home button.

If I remember correctly iTunes will pop up and say the phone needs to be restored. Click restore as a new device.

I'm not sure if it'll work but it sounds like it couldn't hurt.

You could also try and google the error and see what you find.

Good luck.
    hey I tried their help for the error code I get but it didnt help =(
    just tried this and got a 1603 error =(
    05-06-2010 04:10 PM
    Tried what? The DFU mode or the forced recover mode?

The more descriptive you are the easier it is to help.
    05-06-2010 06:00 PM
    Thanks for your reply

I feel there is no need for you to suggest I am stupid. I can read and understand instructions and fyi I did connect it to itunes and attempt a restore. It comes up with an error message during the restoration place...hence why I posted here. Albeit why I said "but it wont restore i get an error and I see the Ipod cable into itunes on the iphone screen" so without causing offence you need to be less hasty with your replies and read!
    Unfortunately there are a few people on here who'd rather be rude than helpful. It took me a while to get used to it, but you have to have a thick skin to participate in these forums.

Good luck!
    05-06-2010 06:09 PM
    Tried what? The DFU mode or the forced recover mode?

The more descriptive you are the easier it is to help.
    which 1's which. At the momment I am doing the home button/power button combo.
    05-07-2010 07:19 PM
    which 1's which. At the momment I am doing the home button/power button combo.
    DFU mode: iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

Recovery mode: iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into Recovery Mode
    05-07-2010 07:24 PM
    ive tried both. no success thanks for the lesson in what they actually are =)
    05-07-2010 07:26 PM
    You may have to take it to an Apple store then. I suppose you could try iRecovery to see if you can get it out of the boot loop, but I make 0 guarantees.
    05-07-2010 07:29 PM
    oh crap and they wont do anything because its jail broken though? Ill try iRecovery...hope it works. Surely somone must of done what I have done before?
    05-07-2010 07:32 PM
    oh crap and they wont do anything because its jail broken though? Ill try iRecovery...hope it works. Surely somone must of done what I have done before?
    If it won't boot, Apple will have a hard time to notice it's jailbroken and tell you they won't fix it
    05-07-2010 07:40 PM
    I ran into the same problem with an iPhone 3G blackra1n-ed. I hadn't backed up by SHSH etc (didn't catch that in the jailbreak instructions), so it wouldn't restore. Brought the phone to an Apple store, and they weren't able to get it past that same restore screen. They gave up after about 10 minutes and gave me a new phone =)
    05-08-2010 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD