I don't get this.. Restore/JB issue..

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB. It was on 3.1.3 and 5.12.01 and working just fine. It wasn't JB'ed or Unlocked.

I restored it to 3.1.2 to see if it was able to be Jailbroken. It is now not getting signal or registering as an iPhone. No "Carrier/Network" section is available under the settings app.

How do i fix this? I just want to JB, not unlock as it's not needed.

fergie77

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
just be patient and stick with 3.1.3, i upgraded too, not realising that i couldnt jailbreak it, and im stuck on it until the next jailbreak software is released, although it should be quite soon, just hang about the boards and you'll see it pop up, it might even come up on the main page :) theres loads of people in your situation :p, and have been for a while :(

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
The issue is not the Jailbreak itself though..

I have to choose Jailbreak with no phone support, or phone support with no jailbreak?

I should be able to do both.. I'm not attempting to unlock it as I don't need too. The phone is currently on 313 and works fine, just no JB..

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
It successfully downgraded to 3.1.2, but had no service or phone capabilities, only WIFI..

Is that what happens when SHSH's aren't backed up, successful downgrade with no cell phone capabilities?

I'm pretty sure it was JB'ed before, but I'm not 100% sure..

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I fixed it..

After only 1 restore and error 1015, I used iRecovery to get out of the recovery mode loop, then Blackra1n'ed it and it works fine. I do have 3.1.2 SHSH blobs on Cydia's server, and am currently Jailbroken with 3.1.2 on 5.12.01.

Thanks to those who helped.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Assuming you are not trying to unlock the phone - and are using your iphone on the carrier its locked too:

Shift-Restore to 3.1.2
On first error of 1015, open up iRecovery and telnet or command prompt into the phone
Run the following commands:
irecovery.exe -s
setenv auto-boot true "hit enter"
saveenv "hit enter"
/exit "hit enter"​
Restart the iPhone by holding home and sleep for 10 seconds

Should be good to go now!

NOTE:

THIS IS NOT AN UNLOCK - IF YOU ARE ON BASEBAND 5.12.01 AND ARE TRYING TO UNLOCK THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro