04-29-2010 09:12 AM
    I won't get excited about it, like I did with thunderst0rm, until I see that this one actually works.

Hopefully, this one is for real.
    04-29-2010 09:42 AM
    The other debs are throwing their support behind spirit so I'm pretty sure it'll be legit.
    04-29-2010 10:45 AM
    I saw where one of them said not to upgrade iTunes to 9.1.1 because it can detect the jailbreak and remove it.

That sucks because I upgraded yesterday. I guess I'll work on trying to downgrade my iTunes.
    04-29-2010 11:18 AM
    It's a jailbreak, sure but we've yet to figure out an unlock for the new baseband... Kind of a half victory if you ask me
    04-29-2010 11:23 AM
    I won't get excited about it, like I did with thunderst0rm, until I see that this one actually works.

Hopefully, this one is for real.
    I feel ya brother, so disapointed on the 23rd.
    04-29-2010 11:41 AM
    Spirit is a legit jailbreak, untethered due to where the jailbreak is done. Also, due to where it is done, if Apple wanted, they could detect it and disable it.

I wouldn't expect an unlock to come out for the 3.1.3 baseband as 4.0 has yet another new baseband, and that is the one I expect the work to be on.
    04-29-2010 11:42 AM
    Spirit is a legit jailbreak, untethered due to where the jailbreak is done. Also, due to where it is done, if Apple wanted, they could detect it and disable it.

I wouldn't expect an unlock to come out for the 3.1.3 baseband as 4.0 has yet another new baseband, and that is the one I expect the work to be on.
    if the base band is different on 4.0 wouldn't the exploit be different or is it the same if its the same i understand why they won't release it.
    04-29-2010 11:50 AM
    if the base band is different on 4.0 wouldn't the exploit be different or is it the same if its the same i understand why they won't release it.
    I think that's part of the problem. No one really knows if the official OS 4 release will have a new baseband or not. If the devs knew it would be different, then I'm sure they would have already released the unlock.

But like you said, if it's the same, then it would be pointless to release the unlock prior to the release of OS 4.
    04-29-2010 11:55 AM
    So does anyone know of the easiest way to downgrade iTunes? I've found a way through Google, but it seems fairly complicated with having to delete everything, including hidden files that have to do with Apple or whatever and save certain files to copy over into iTunes once you have the version that you want on your computer.

My only concern is not having my files already on iTunes not go over when I have the version I want.
    04-29-2010 11:59 AM
    So does anyone know of the easiest way to downgrade iTunes? I've found a way through Google, but it seems fairly complicated with having to delete everything, including hidden files that have to do with Apple or whatever and save certain files to copy over into iTunes once you have the version that you want on your computer.

My only concern is not having my files already on iTunes not go over when I have the version I want.
    I bookmarked this while ago not sure if it will work on the 9.0 and higher but you can try it. BTW it's a lot easier then you think.

How can i downgrade from iTunes 9? | The iPhone FAQ
    04-29-2010 12:51 PM
    Just b/c a baseband changes versions doesn't mean that the exploit used to unlock the baseband, is fixed.

The baseband is a software program. It is written with specific assumptions on input and output to functions/commands within the program. If someone can find a function/command that makes some poor assumptions on input, and can exploit those assumptions to get other code to run, they can write an unlock. Apple has been working on making those functions/commands more robust and less apt to exploits. That is one of the reasons that the exploits are not necessarily released with every version of a new basebad, the exploits are getting harder and harder to find, and if you're going to release one, that is akin to sending Apple a letter telling them how to did it, giving them the opportunity to fix it.
    04-29-2010 12:51 PM
    I bookmarked this while ago not sure if it will work on the 9.0 and higher but you can try it. BTW it's a lot easier then you think.

How can i downgrade from iTunes 9? | The iPhone FAQ
    I think that was the page that I looked at earlier. Oh well. I'll try it.
    04-29-2010 01:37 PM
    The JB might not be coming friday according to @comex's twitter.
    04-29-2010 03:24 PM
    look at comex's twitter

cant post links yet though :/

arghhhhh

edit : that was rather coincidental timing :o
    04-29-2010 03:25 PM
    04-29-2010 03:32 PM
    well hopefully we'll see it soon :P
    04-29-2010 03:38 PM

Wait what do you mean "untethered due to where the jailbreak is done" and also "due to where it is done, if Apple wanted, they could detect it and disable it"
    04-29-2010 07:51 PM
    The jailbreak is in userland, so it is not teathered because of this and because it is in userland apple could remove it easily with a new version of itunes
    04-29-2010 07:55 PM
    Apparently, the new iTunes released a few days ago can detect this jailbreak and remove it from your phone. Which is why the jailbreak is being delayed.

Atleast that my understanding.
    04-29-2010 10:05 PM
    04-29-2010 10:16 PM
    Reading through that thread shows that april 30th is probably not celebration day, the OP misread the Dev Teams post thinking that
    "Originally Posted by nickhesson
    Sorry guys. Just going over the devteams blog. Delivery of ipad 3g on the 30th is confirmed. So I only assumed that the "release with ipad 3g" meant that same day."
    04-29-2010 10:39 PM
    not anymore according to the Dev-Team
    04-29-2010 11:08 PM
    Has there been any chatter about wither Spirit will open the internet tethering for my laptop? I remember I can get a MiFi like app from cydia, but I've heard a number of problems with it. so I'd rather stay with a wired connection for the time being.
    04-29-2010 11:33 PM
    Still no jailbreak me thinks this will be a 4.0 release
    04-30-2010 04:24 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD