Hello,

I'm new to AT&T after using my unlocked iPhone with T-Mobile for 6 months. I made the switch to experience 3G because I missed it a lot. My question is: does the jailbreak cause the phone to frequently drop calls? I noticed that when my calls are dropped, I normalled have all 5 bars in the notification line. Any suggestions? I would really hate to go back to T-Mobile or remove the jailbreak.

Thanks in advance.
    04-26-2010 04:19 PM
    The jailbreak typically does not produce more dropped calls. If you are in a highly populated city, AT&T towers are pretty overwhelmed and drop connections.
    04-26-2010 06:38 PM
    what about a 3g unlocked and used with tmobile? Will drop calls, no bars for 30 secs then its fine again...will do this off and on, then sometimes not for days.
    04-26-2010 07:14 PM
    what about a 3g unlocked and used with tmobile? Will drop calls, no bars for 30 secs then its fine again...will do this off and on, then sometimes not for days.
    That's one of the reasons I left TMobile.
    04-26-2010 07:19 PM
    That's one of the reasons I left TMobile.
    Well, I use tmobile and on my personal iphone unlocked 3g, never drops calls. But my friend has one and it does drop calls and he lives in the same area I do. He tested it with an ATT sim and the same thing happened so I figure its hardware. We restored it and unlocked and it still happened so I dont think it is software issues.
    04-26-2010 07:21 PM
    I can't explain these issues. I called AT&T and they said that my area has great coverage, but what else would they say. I just hope the new iphone has all the features I enjoy from jailbreaking like iBlacklist especially!
    04-26-2010 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD