3.1.3 / 5.12.01 Unlock and Jailbreak - FOUND

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
@sp33ddialz, thank you for trying it out if you decide to do so.

Please let us know how it goes.

The 1st thing I did when I got my iPhone is update the OS to 3.1.3 not knowing that I wouldn't be able to jailbreak it. Jailbreaking isn't a big deal to me either way but I would like to have some of the apps from Cydia.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I might try it out in the morning. I'll report back when/if I do.

I'm just worried I'm going to destroy a perfectly good iPhone that I don't have the money to replace.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
He does report the old version posted works on iTouch's only, and that the newer release works on iPhones.. so you guys testing it out now may brick your phone..

Wait until the release - I will test it out when its released.

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
There is a legit version, its call sn0wbreeze and it can work in harmony with blacksn0w or purplesn0w to unlock it.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie

and even though I normally dont trust page titles with the ovbious like this, I just jailbroke my 3G and its running flawless

That jailbreak is if you have the older bootrom for you iPhone not the one using 5.12.01. This one thunderst0rm is capable of a jailbreak AND an unlock for people with new 3GS' and ones who upgraded their firmware recently

Last edited:

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Ummm...

Also, there's at least 3 different exploits floating around out there (GeoHotz, Musclenerd, Chronic Dev, Dev Team, etc..)

When 4.0 hits, there will be lots of JB's and Unlocks..

How sure are you that these aren't one-in-the-same vulnerability?
I feel pretty strongly (as one who has seen the promised land of JB then had it yanked back by a crash) that releasing ANY hack while 4.0 is still beta is extraordinarily silly. Lets hope that this purported exploit (thunderst0rm) isn;t the same exploit as geohot, et al's 4.0 exploit.

That being said, if they release a non-bricking, windows version I'll be one of the first in line. 4.0 coming or not, I'm going crazy without my JB capabilities.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
How sure are you that these aren't one-in-the-same vulnerability?
I feel pretty strongly (as one who has seen the promised land of JB then had it yanked back by a crash) that releasing ANY hack while 4.0 is still beta is extraordinarily silly. Lets hope that this purported exploit (thunderst0rm) isn;t the same exploit as geohot, et al's 4.0 exploit.

That being said, if they release a non-bricking, windows version I'll be one of the first in line. 4.0 coming or not, I'm going crazy without my JB capabilities.

MuscleNerd and Geohot have different jailbreaks, they've already "compared notes". The rest is unknown.

Just b/c there is a jailbreak does NOT mean there will be an unlock ( this isn't directed at you Mav3n ). Unlocks and jailbreaks are completely different things, and there is yet a new baseband with 4.0.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Ahhhh music to my ears...

MuscleNerd and Geohot have different jailbreaks, they've already "compared notes". The rest is unknown.

Just b/c there is a jailbreak does NOT mean there will be an unlock ( this isn't directed at you Mav3n ). Unlocks and jailbreaks are completely different things, and there is yet a new baseband with 4.0.

I can't tell you how glad I am to hear multiple exploits...

Obviously I can't speak for the rest, but I could really give a belgium about the unlock. ATT seems to be the lesser of all evils when it comes to US mobile providers so I'm not going anywhere for the timebeing.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Comes out tomorrow woohoo will try and post screenshots first thing!

We'll see if it comes out tomorrow or not. I wouldn't get your hopes up after seeing a video like this:
YouTube - thunderst0rm unlock - final test build

And they've deleted their other videos on YouTube and the bottom of their site says "dreams fade away and all hope turns to dust ".

I wouldn't get your hopes up that it doesn't just rick roll you lol

Last edited:

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
We'll see if it comes out tomorrow or not. I wouldn't get your hopes up after seeing a video like this:
YouTube - thunderst0rm unlock - final test build

And they've deleted their other videos on YouTube and the bottom of their site says "dreams fade away and all hope turns to dust ".

I wouldn't get your hopes up that it doesn't just rick roll you lol

I doubt it's a rick roll. Atleast I hope it isn't. That would be a pretty elaborate rick roll that is a few months in the making if so.

By the way, that quote has been on the blog the whole time. Atleast a few weeks anyways.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Just don't get your hopes up. There's a lot of "fake" groups out there just getting collections and never putting anything legit out there. They never showed a working jailbreak or unlock using their software. No reason to think it works now.