There is a legit version, its call sn0wbreeze and it can work in harmony with blacksn0w or purplesn0w to unlock it.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie

and even though I normally dont trust page titles with the ovbious like this, I just jailbroke my 3G and its running flawless
    That jailbreak is if you have the older bootrom for you iPhone not the one using 5.12.01. This one thunderst0rm is capable of a jailbreak AND an unlock for people with new 3GS' and ones who upgraded their firmware recently
    Last edited by sp33ddialz; 04-16-2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: misspelling correction for the win!
    04-16-2010 10:06 AM
    Also, there's at least 3 different exploits floating around out there (GeoHotz, Musclenerd, Chronic Dev, Dev Team, etc..)

When 4.0 hits, there will be lots of JB's and Unlocks..
    How sure are you that these aren't one-in-the-same vulnerability?
    I feel pretty strongly (as one who has seen the promised land of JB then had it yanked back by a crash) that releasing ANY hack while 4.0 is still beta is extraordinarily silly. Lets hope that this purported exploit (thunderst0rm) isn;t the same exploit as geohot, et al's 4.0 exploit.

That being said, if they release a non-bricking, windows version I'll be one of the first in line. 4.0 coming or not, I'm going crazy without my JB capabilities.
    04-17-2010 09:06 PM
    How sure are you that these aren't one-in-the-same vulnerability?
    I feel pretty strongly (as one who has seen the promised land of JB then had it yanked back by a crash) that releasing ANY hack while 4.0 is still beta is extraordinarily silly. Lets hope that this purported exploit (thunderst0rm) isn;t the same exploit as geohot, et al's 4.0 exploit.

That being said, if they release a non-bricking, windows version I'll be one of the first in line. 4.0 coming or not, I'm going crazy without my JB capabilities.
    MuscleNerd and Geohot have different jailbreaks, they've already "compared notes". The rest is unknown.

Just b/c there is a jailbreak does NOT mean there will be an unlock ( this isn't directed at you Mav3n ). Unlocks and jailbreaks are completely different things, and there is yet a new baseband with 4.0.
    04-17-2010 09:20 PM
    MuscleNerd and Geohot have different jailbreaks, they've already "compared notes". The rest is unknown.

Just b/c there is a jailbreak does NOT mean there will be an unlock ( this isn't directed at you Mav3n ). Unlocks and jailbreaks are completely different things, and there is yet a new baseband with 4.0.
    I can't tell you how glad I am to hear multiple exploits...

Obviously I can't speak for the rest, but I could really give a belgium about the unlock. ATT seems to be the lesser of all evils when it comes to US mobile providers so I'm not going anywhere for the timebeing.
    04-17-2010 09:58 PM
    We are now just a few days away from the jailbreak being released.

Hopefully everything works out fine.
    04-20-2010 02:55 AM
    Comes out tomorrow woohoo will try and post screenshots first thing!
    04-22-2010 03:04 PM
    Comes out tomorrow woohoo will try and post screenshots first thing!
    We'll see if it comes out tomorrow or not. I wouldn't get your hopes up after seeing a video like this:

And they've deleted their other videos on YouTube and the bottom of their site says "dreams fade away and all hope turns to dust ".

I wouldn't get your hopes up that it doesn't just rick roll you lol
    Last edited by big9erfan; 04-22-2010 at 03:24 PM.
    04-22-2010 03:20 PM
    We'll see if it comes out tomorrow or not. I wouldn't get your hopes up after seeing a video like this:

And they've deleted their other videos on YouTube and the bottom of their site says "dreams fade away and all hope turns to dust ".

I wouldn't get your hopes up that it doesn't just rick roll you lol
    I doubt it's a rick roll. Atleast I hope it isn't. That would be a pretty elaborate rick roll that is a few months in the making if so.

By the way, that quote has been on the blog the whole time. Atleast a few weeks anyways.
    04-22-2010 06:17 PM
    The blog does say it could be 2 more days until it's released though.
    04-22-2010 06:18 PM
    The blog does say it could be 2 more days until it's released though.
    True, but this has never been an exact science as I've noticed. Either way someone will post on youtube within about 10 seconds if this works or not. We'll all know in a few days
    04-22-2010 10:44 PM
    True, but this has never been an exact science as I've noticed. Either way someone will post on youtube within about 10 seconds if this works or not. We'll all know in a few days
    Hopefully in just a few hours. It's about 5 am over there now.
    04-22-2010 10:49 PM
    Well, nothing so far...
    04-23-2010 09:30 AM
    fakers....fakers
    04-23-2010 12:00 PM
    *shrugs* i'll keep waiting maybe something will show up over the weekend... as so the wait begins....again
    04-23-2010 12:06 PM
    Just don't get your hopes up. There's a lot of "fake" groups out there just getting collections and never putting anything legit out there. They never showed a working jailbreak or unlock using their software. No reason to think it works now.
    04-23-2010 12:07 PM
    yeah, that video has no proof whatsoever of an unlock/JB on 5.12.01. sounds pretty fake but it could turn out legit....just have to wait and see.
    04-23-2010 12:32 PM
    Thunderst0rm just posted on the comments section of the post about the video - delayed 5 days max (could be less).. his/her/their exact words..

boo to delays
    04-23-2010 12:35 PM
    lol...aka...they've got nothing!
    04-23-2010 01:12 PM
    if this was fake then where's the payoff? where's the rickroll? it feels like college students pushing back a deadline, instead of a choreographed stfu
    04-23-2010 01:41 PM
    if this was fake then where's the payoff? where's the rickroll? it feels like college students pushing back a deadline, instead of a choreographed stfu
    If they had a working exploit, they'd have shown a REAL video of a jailbroken device.

They've shown nothing b/c they have nothing. I know you want your jailbreak and unlock, but another month or two and 4.0 is going to be out and you'll have a new jailbreak to worry about. There are solutions for a 4.0 jailbreak, and it will be available shortly after 4.0 is released. I can't say the same for a 4.0 unlock, nobody knows about that baseband quite yet.
    04-23-2010 02:00 PM
    Download thunderst0rm leaked final.rar.

UPDATE: someone on YouTube got a hold of a final copy f this, but the download site looks dubious, try at your own risk or let me do and I'll post later

it leaked put early gonna try it tonight when I'm off work
    Last edited by sp33ddialz; 04-23-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: New info
    04-23-2010 06:48 PM
    how does it leak? i mean it isn't like a corporation so theres no employees secretly posting the stuff

its just a 2-3 man team right?

unless one of them decided to screw the others :/
    04-23-2010 07:15 PM
    It's nothing but runarounds sorry for the false alarm I'm starting to feel more inclined that this IS indeed a fake
    04-23-2010 07:29 PM
    It's nothing but runarounds sorry for the false alarm I'm starting to feel more inclined that this IS indeed a fake
    Yah, that site is terrible and just aimed at getting people to pay for some bs download that wouldn't work anyways.
    04-23-2010 07:35 PM
    wait so was it just some random file?
    04-23-2010 07:36 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD