I have a jailbroken phone, and while trying to sync in itunes, it came up with an error and said it couldn't finish. iTunes now says that I have to restore my phone.
    If I choose to restore, will it upgrade me to 3.1.3, or will it allow me to stay at 3.1.2, so that I can stay jailbroken?
    Any help you may give will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    04-14-2010 02:35 AM
    It should only upgrade to 3.1.3 if you restore as new. If you restore to your last backup you should be fine. What is it doing exactly?
    04-14-2010 08:38 AM
    After giving me the error during syncing, itunes told me I had to set up the iphone. My choices were to set up as new, or restore from a backup. Well, I ended up setting up as new, which just wanted me to rename the phone. The problem with that choice was that it erased all my music/videos on my phone. It did not make me update though, which was all that I was worried about. It just popped up a window telling me that there was an update and asked if I wanted to dl and install, which I said NO!
    04-14-2010 05:02 PM
    i was running 3.1.2FW when my phone froze on the dreadful apple logo so i needed to restore via iTunes and was forced to upgrade to 3.1.3 which i obviously lost my JB...oh well, shyt happens
    04-14-2010 05:54 PM
    If you have a 3GS you have to update, a 3G or 2G will not require an update ( depending on your version of iTunes I think ).
    04-14-2010 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD