Hopelessly Bricked 3G-S

BlackICE

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
So, I have a jailbroken 16Gig 3G-S with 3.1.2 firmware. I was checking a vmail, and noticed the phone had less than 10% battery left. Then I plugged it into one of those duracell portable AA battery supplies and it said this device is not compatible and asked if I wanted to enter airplane mode. Before I could hit 'NO', the phone turned off. Now, I can't get it to turn back on, and it doesn't appear to be recharging. I tried putting into restore mode and plugging into itunes, but it just won't turn back on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
How long have you tried to charge it? I've heard that it may take 30 minutes or so before it will turn back on once it dies.

BlackICE

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
It's been charging for about 30 mins. Tried wall plug for a while, then PC. Wierd thing is the red, dead battery symbol won't even show on the screen

amac64

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Today, my jailbroken 16g 3GS froze and wouldn't respond to anything. I had to let it run completely down and then plug it up. It took about 45 minutes before itunes recognized it and then would turn on..

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Just leave it plugged in one place for 30-45 min, then hold down the sleep and home button at the same time. You should get an apple on the screen, at which point you can let go of the buttons. It may take a few minutes in that apple screen, but the phone should return. Good luck.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Just leave it plugged in one place for 30-45 min, then hold down the sleep and home button at the same time. You should get an apple on the screen, at which point you can let go of the buttons. It may take a few minutes in that apple screen, but the phone should return. Good luck.

I have had this happen a couple of times, just plug it in the wall to charge. Since he is 3.1.2. firmware with a tethered JB, he will need to run blackra1n again. I don't think he will need to do a home/power button reset, I may be wrong but anytime this happens to me I do not need to reset. Is it OK to reset, tethered JB, anyway? :confused:

BlackICE

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your suggestions. Unfortunately, nothing's working. Left plugged into PC, and wall charger for a few hours each and no luck. Is it possible the battery took a dump?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It is very possible, but luckily, you can have it replaced pretty cheaply.

Go to directfix.com and look at their $40 battery replacement option. They give videos showing you how to replace it.

BlackICE

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, the phone was so far gone, the genious bar dude at the Apple store hooked me up with a new one. He said not all portable chargers are completely compatible with 3G or 3G-S. There's an adaptor to match up the pins correctly. Now to restore n jailbreak again...

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, the phone was so far gone, the genious bar dude at the Apple store hooked me up with a new one. He said not all portable chargers are completely compatible with 3G or 3G-S. There's an adaptor to match up the pins correctly. Now to restore n jailbreak again...

New iPhone or new battery?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234