Is it worth it?

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
As a new iPhone user with the unfortunate stroke of luck to be born in this world with a firmware of 3.1.3 and a bootrom of 5.12.01, admittedly I have sometime to sit and wait for the dev community to grace us with a new Jailbreak.

What I want to know is: "Is it really worth it?" I mean the only carrier in the US that we can go to is T-Mobile, and then we lose 3g (if you area ever had it) and basically any official support if things go sour.

Anyone out there regretting the decision to jailbreak? Is it really the promised land?

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
i have been jailbroken for almost a year and I do not regret it for one friggin second. i have the ability to do things with my phone that apple seems to not DARE allow us to do. as far as official support, in most cases if something goes THAT bad, you can always restore and your device is as good as new. but if you have issues with your jailbreak, that's why forums like this exist. so we can try to help one another out.

but there is NO WAY i would ever regret jailbreaking.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Here's the deal. I've been jailbroken ever since 2.2. My iPhone has done things that the unreleased iPhone 4.1 can't even do.

I was recording video on my iPhone 3G almost a full year before the phone even HAD a video camera.

I can multitask. I have themed my phone so extensively that other iPhone users almost don't even recognize it AS AN IPHONE when I get on it.

I have tweaked it so that no other smartphone even comes close.

I utilize the ability to access the system files so that I can ALMOST use this phone like a computer.

If I were to "upgrade" to 4.1, it would actually be a downgrade, for my particular setup.

I would NEVER regret jailbreaking. It would never go back either. I wouldn't be able to use the stock iPhone either. *chuckle*

I'm jailbreak 1,000% man. Screw the stock. It feels amazing to have taken my individuality back. :)

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Ya don't forget the fact that there r people out there that have had problems out of jailbreaking. I am one of them I caused my battery to crash and I sent it back to apple to get the battery fixed because it was still under warranty.stupidest mistake I have ever done concerning my phone because they didn't fix my phone they just sent me a new one and it pisses me off!!!!!! To no end!!!!but I would do it all over again exept sending my 3gs back to them( old bootrom) but it is a phone and I know enough to know it won't last forever so just jb and enjoy!!!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
yup i agree with all the above. i'm jailbroken and have had no issues with my phone really. a few times it has rebooted itself or went to safe mode but nothing a reboot wont cure. i love being able to multitask w/e i want, recording video on my 3G, themes, custom sounds, you name it. Unless something amazing comes with 4.0 I'll probably stick to 3.1.2 JB untill the iPhone G4 comes out this summer (hopefully).

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, here's the deal - I also know how to order the parts, and physically repair my iPhone as well.

I've replaced cracked screens, LCDs, home buttons, replaced batteries, even changed the color of te iPhones from black to white and vice versa.

All without the need for Apple.

They don't help you, especially if you're jailbroken. That's why I figured out how to do all of that crap on my own. :|

Screw Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR