Well, the new update to Element causes my phone to lock up when Element is displayed. I'll turn off module by module and see what's the exact cause of it and then report the problem.

Edit: It's the email module that locks up Element for me.
    Last edited by big9erfan; 04-05-2010 at 03:31 PM.
    04-05-2010 03:23 PM
    Email is also not working for me, although it doesn't cause freezing... it just won't display emails.
    04-05-2010 03:45 PM
    I'd like to see the calendar events closer together and in a smaller font.

I'd like to see the weather city in a smaller font so that large city names aren't cut off.

Like AME235's teehanlax lockinfo theme, I'd like to be able to tap on the weather and see a small sliding bar with my 5 day forecast.

I'd like to be able to tap on the date, and have a small calendar drop down where I can preview the whole month.

I'd like to have a mail preview that you could tap on and it brings you to only that mail, instead of just the mailbox.

There are a lot of things, those are just a few. But above all else, I'd like them to fix the horribly large SPACING issues in between lines. It grates on my nerves....
    04-05-2010 04:11 PM
    LVCIFER, have you tried; MacThemes Forum / [Lock Info Native Theme] LISport v 1.1 update

a lot of the items you have described are already in place. you can also change the theme colors if you like

i have been really happy with it and there is great support
    04-05-2010 05:45 PM
    I've loved lockinfo since it came out. But I genuinely fell in love with the look and design of element.
    04-05-2010 05:57 PM
    Element offers almost no customization, it seems.
    04-06-2010 06:05 PM
    Customization? Agreed. But I never got the impression that this was going to be a customizible "skinning" app. I always got the impression that the developers knew exactly what they had in mind, and that's how they were going to create it.

Frankly, as long as they make it a bit prettier, and as long as it functions properly, I'm still a supporter.
    04-07-2010 03:44 AM
    i do have to admit, when screenshots of this first came out i was very impressed
    but now after seeing it first hand, not that great...yet

i'm keeping it on my phone so i can get the necessary upgrades/updates, and by all rights there should be more coming. hopefully soon

i will have no problem paying for this once it's up to par
    04-07-2010 10:49 AM
    Having played around a little bit with the Element.Cydget files you can actually make this useable. There are a lot of simple mistakes in the code (alot of missing {}, especially with regards to if statements). I've updated mine and fixed the missing {}. It now only displays headers if something exists to show (i..e there are missed calls). Also only un read SMS are shown and only missed calls which haven't been 'read' are shown (code uses the badge number to determine whether to hide section or not - by the way the code existed already just missing appropriate syntax to work).

Looks indeed like a rush job and something that's only half ready. Given with Cycript you can access system APIs etc It shouldn't be that difficult to add preview functionality - also to add any data that exists within iphone. For facebook it simply reads data from Plist.notifications. Once you understand how each application stores data you should be able to access it. Mail for example uses a simple Sqlite3 query to get data ("select * from messages where read='0' and delete='0' order by ROWID desc". Which would make it easy to add options to settings for which mailboxes to display.

I'll post a screen shot later
    04-07-2010 02:56 PM
    Dude, you're my hero. :|

I'm not being sarcastic. Anyone who can manipulate code is impressive to me.

Now, have you figured out how to close the excessive spacing / line break gaps that make this thing so unappealing? OR, how to fix the spacing in the weather section to fit longer city names?

It seems the main developer ("limneos") is currently pretty busy with the release and troubleshooting of his other app, "SbRotator".
    Last edited by LVCIFER; 04-19-2010 at 06:06 AM.
    04-07-2010 08:02 PM
    Is anyone else annoyed that you still get the SMS popups Even though element displays SMS is there anyway to block popups?
    04-07-2010 10:09 PM
    Yeah, it is kinda annoying. Popups should be locked when using Element....
    04-07-2010 10:32 PM
    Is anyone else annoyed that you still get the SMS popups Even though element displays SMS is there anyway to block popups?
    LockInfo just recently corrected this and it's very nice
    04-07-2010 10:44 PM
    Yeah, it is kinda annoying. Popups should be locked when using Element....
    Just use popup blocker. Written by David Ashman - same guy who does lockinfo.
    04-08-2010 12:03 AM
    Thank you soo much nzewok that is exactly what I was looking for.. A bit pricy but it'll defenetly do thanks again
    04-08-2010 12:22 AM
    Dude, you're my hero. :|

I'm not being sarcastic. Anyone who can manipulate code is impressive to me.

Now, have you figured out how to close the excessive spacing / line break gaps that make this thing so unappealing? OR, how to fix the spacing in the weather section to fit longer city names?

It seems the main developer ("limneos") couldn't really give half a **** about this project. He's too busy promoting his other ****ty app, "SbRotator".
    Haven't played around with this but in the Element.cydget folder there is a resource folder with CSS file (homescreen.css). Just change;
    #time_weather .weather {
    position: relative;
    float: left;
    width: 135px;
    height: 80px;
    margin-left: 0px;
    color: #fff;
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, 156 0, 0 0, from(rgba(0,0,0,0.5)), to(rgba(0,0,0,0)), color-stop(0.05, rgba(0,0,0,0)));
    -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 10px;
    -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 10px;
    }

Change the width to something larger. You might have to change the #time_weather.time width as well (minus one add to the other).

I'll have play tonight and give you some code.
    Last edited by nzewok; 04-08-2010 at 04:52 AM.
    04-08-2010 12:24 AM
    How does this look??

Let me know if this is what you are after and I'll PM you what to change.

For example to remove the "gap" between headers you need to change the following code in script.cy (remember to recompile after making changes - using mobile terminal or SSH run "cycript -c script.cy>script.js" within the /var/System/Library/LockCydgets/Element.cydget folder

function ELToggleDiv(id) {
    if (ExpandContract == 1) {
    var element = document.getElementById(id);
    var info = document.getElementById(id + "_info");
    var arrow = document.getElementById(id + "_arrow");

if (parseInt(element.offsetHeight) > 35) {
    element.style.height = "35px";
    info.style.visibility = "hidden";
    element.setAttribute("isExpanded", "contracted");
    arrow.src = "resources/images/arrow_icon.png";
    } else {
    element.style.height = "auto";
    info.style.visibility = "visible";
    element.setAttribute("isExpanded", "expanded");
    arrow.src = "resources/images/arrow_icon_expanded.png";
    }

saveState();
    }
    }
    04-08-2010 04:50 AM
    It does look pretty good, but I'm just curious about how it would look when all the categories are extended? That's where you'll see all of the crazy spacing.
    04-11-2010 01:28 PM
    Hey nzewok,

Any chance you could post the changes you made to the code. I have gone in and made some changes to stuff like the stocks to fix it so it will display red if it went down, green for going up as well as added a column to display the percentage of change just like the iphone app. I also had to get rid of the date/time for next day on the calendar because it was displaying the date for the next day as the header and then the specific event would just say "tomorrow" instead of display the actual time and "tomorrow" was offset to the next line cause it won't fit on the original line. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to display the time of the event for the next day; current day works fine. Anyway, any help/showing of code would be great, thanks.

If anyone wants the code for the stocks as I previously mentioned, just let me know and I will post it.
    04-11-2010 02:16 PM
    Is there any fix to get my Calendar events to show up? Is this only a problem with a 3GS?
    04-23-2010 08:04 AM
    NO updates yet??

i guess the devs are happy with this version. lame
    04-27-2010 01:00 AM
    teehanlax is much better than this....
    04-27-2010 09:04 PM
    Hi Danboylong.
    Can you submit the changes to stuff like the stocks to fix it so it will display red if it went down, green for going up as well as added a column to display the percentage of change just like the iphone app?
    Thank you.

Hey nzewok,

Any chance you could post the changes you made to the code. I have gone in and made some changes to stuff like the stocks to fix it so it will display red if it went down, green for going up as well as added a column to display the percentage of change just like the iphone app. I also had to get rid of the date/time for next day on the calendar because it was displaying the date for the next day as the header and then the specific event would just say "tomorrow" instead of display the actual time and "tomorrow" was offset to the next line cause it won't fit on the original line. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to display the time of the event for the next day; current day works fine. Anyway, any help/showing of code would be great, thanks.

If anyone wants the code for the stocks as I previously mentioned, just let me know and I will post it.
    06-02-2010 12:44 AM
    how does everyone configure the weather display. I've gone into settings-weather icon and set that to application=weatherbug. Am I missing something cause it showed it was sunny out last night and I was in the middle of a monsoon and today it's sunny and 85 degrees and the display shows partly sunny and 69 degrees.
    Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
    Rob
    06-04-2010 02:06 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD