hi all

My head is officially wrecked with my locked iphone! I bought it when it was first released in the US in 07 or 08. It was on At&t network but i bought it unlocked. It worked fantastic for the last few years however last week i accidently updated it via itunes Needless to say it is completely locked again and when i put a sim card into it it still doesn't work. it will only start up and allow emergency calls.
    I googled the problem and have spent a small fortune buying jailbreaking and unlocking software. I've lost count of the number of times i have tried doing the prodeedure but the phone is still locked

Im at my wits end and have arranged to drop it to a phone repair shop on Friday where i will be charged 40 for the guy to fix it. Can someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee talk me through what im doing wrong?
    03-31-2010 10:56 AM
    hi all

My head is officially wrecked with my locked iphone! I bought it when it was first released in the US in 07 or 08. It was on At&t network but i bought it unlocked. It worked fantastic for the last few years however last week i accidently updated it via itunes Needless to say it is completely locked again and when i put a sim card into it it still doesn't work. it will only start up and allow emergency calls.
    I googled the problem and have spent a small fortune buying jailbreaking and unlocking software. I've lost count of the number of times i have tried doing the prodeedure but the phone is still locked

Im at my wits end and have arranged to drop it to a phone repair shop on Friday where i will be charged 40 for the guy to fix it. Can someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee talk me through what im doing wrong?

We need more information then what you are providing such as what model your phone is i.e. 2g,3g,3gs there are a ton of post on this board to attain the info you want I would highly suggest using the search feature on here.
    03-31-2010 01:19 PM
    If you updated your iPhone last week, then you're probably running 3.1.3, but you definitely need to verify that. If you are, please see the very first sticky thread on this forum: so far, to date, 3.1.3 cannot be jailbroken, and I'm betting that it therefore cannot be unlocked.

Hopefully someone else can correct me & give you better news, but that's my take. You could be S.O.L., sorry to say mate.
    03-31-2010 02:04 PM
    It all depends on which model the OP has. The 2G can be jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.3. But not the 3G or 3GS..
    03-31-2010 03:04 PM
    It all depends on which model the OP has. The 2G can be jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.3. But not the 3G or 3GS..
    Not to be a ****** use the search feature.
    03-31-2010 07:00 PM
    Not to be a ****** use the search feature.
    Why are you quoting me and saying I need to use the search feature?
    04-02-2010 05:18 AM
    We need more information then what you are providing such as what model your phone is i.e. 2g,3g,3gs there are a ton of post on this board to attain the info you want I would highly suggest using the search feature on here.
    Why are you quoting me and saying I need to use the search feature?
    lol Well if you notice in the second post I actually mentioned using the search feature.
    04-02-2010 09:12 AM
    lol Well if you notice in the second post I actually mentioned using the search feature.
    You still haven't answered the question about me using the search feature! Why should I(!) do that? I'm just helping OP...

And yeah you are a ******
    04-02-2010 10:04 AM
    Well, here's the deal. He said he bought it in '07 or '08. If it was '07, then it's the iPhone 2G. If it was in '08, then it's the iPhone 3G.

Now, I MAY be mistaken, but isn't it possible to downgrade the iPhone 3G's baseband via fuzzyband, so that it can then be unlocked?
    04-02-2010 10:42 AM
    You still haven't answered the question about me using the search feature! Why should I(!) do that? I'm just helping OP...

And yeah you are a ******
    Yeah I know i'm a ****** I was trying to point out to the op to use the search feature not for you to use it, I mistakingly put your post in quotes my bad. Sorry
    04-02-2010 10:47 AM
    Yeah I know i'm a ****** I was trying to point out to the op to use the search feature not for you to use it, I mistakingly put your post in quotes my bad. Sorry
    Why didn't you say that in the first reply to me?
    04-02-2010 11:47 AM
    Well, here's the deal. He said he bought it in '07 or '08. If it was '07, then it's the iPhone 2G. If it was in '08, then it's the iPhone 3G.

Now, I MAY be mistaken, but isn't it possible to downgrade the iPhone 3G's baseband via fuzzyband, so that it can then be unlocked?
    AFAIK FuzzyBand doesn't work with the 05.12.01 baseband.
    04-02-2010 11:53 AM
    Hey en0c yeah completely missed what you were trying to say until I read my own post that was in quotes. I need the head hitting the wall smiley.
    04-02-2010 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD