iPhone 3Gs

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I got my iphone couple days ago, brand new from telus. the version is 3.1.2 and i was hoping to jailbreak it, but i have a few questions.

1) I have a 2-3 year warranty with apple, will it destroy my warranty?

2) If i jailbreak it, can it still break my iphone? like downloading themes,apps, etc. cause i never drop iphones etc. i always keep it good and safe.

3) if i jailbreak it, does it change my settings - About - my info on ip, etc so apple will know if its jailbrokened.

4) if i have techinal problems with cydia, if i restore back to new, will it upgrade to 3.1.3?

5) whats better to use ? Cydia or Rock?
These are my few questions so far, if i have any more ill keep posting.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
If for some reason your phone needs to be replaced and can't be restored BEFORE you take it in, yes your warranty will be voided.

2) If i jailbreak it, can it still break my iphone? like downloading themes,apps, etc. cause i never drop iphones etc. i always keep it good and safe.
I've never had any problems with my phone personally with jailbreaking, but if you read the forums, a lot of people do. It's an at your own risk kind of thing.

3) if i jailbreak it, does it change my settings - About - my info on ip, etc so apple will know if its jailbrokened.
Like I said earlier, as long as you restore it before you take it in I don't think there is any way Apple can tell right now.

4) if i have techinal problems with cydia, if i restore back to new, will it upgrade to 3.1.3?
If you restore from iTunes, yes it will automatically upgrade to 3.1.3. There is a way to jailbreak as long as you save your SSH through Cydia. Search the forums to find directions. Or check out redmondpie.com

I personally like Rock better. I tend to use Cydia more b/c it seems to have a bigger library. Rock runs smoother to me though.

Hope that helps.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Extremely demanding. I was stunned to see that he'd bumped the thread after waiting all of 30 minutes. He knows the title of the thread he's searching for, but can't type it in the search bar?

Darn...I suddenly forget everything I know about iPhones.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Apple isn't authorizing 3.1.2 anymore you can't get your SHSH for 3.1.2 anymore and you probably have the new bootrom so if youhave to restore your only option is 3.1.3 and to lose the jailbreak.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, there are ways to upgrade while retaining both your jailbreak AND unlock, but the methods suddenly escape me at the moment...

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
How can you have a 2-3 year warranty with Apple? APP only extends the warranty by another year. Anyway, jailbreaking voids any warranty. Restoring to OFW restores the warranty.

2) If i jailbreak it, can it still break my iphone? like downloading themes,apps, etc. cause i never drop iphones etc. i always keep it good and safe. Jailbreak is different from breaking it.

3) if i jailbreak it, does it change my settings - About - my info on ip, etc so apple will know if its jailbrokened. If you jailbreak it, yes Apple will know. That is IF you show it to them.

If you restore you have no other option but to restore to FW 3.1.3, you could use a CFW 3.1.3,

Cydia

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods