Hey guys,

I was using my jailbroken (with blackra1n) 3.1.2 iphone 3G today when it froze. I hard rebooted it( power+home) and got the apple logo for a while, followed by the apple with turning wheel, but it wouldn't go past this.

So I put it into restore mode , connected it to iTunes, then hit restore and upgrade to 3.1.3( the only option). My plan was to jailbreak it afterward restoring, then restore from a backup to get all my apps/data back.

However, now it only shows a "emergency call" screen, likely because it upgraded to 3.1.3 and found out it was jailbroken. I'm not sure what to do now. Can I still jailbreak it using this guide, then restore from backup: Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie

Or am I screwed?

Thanks so much and cheers!
    03-22-2010 11:33 PM
    can you check the phone firware from general setting? I think you have screwed up your phone like I did.
    03-23-2010 12:48 AM
    Were you unlocked too or just jailbroken?
    03-23-2010 01:11 AM
    That's what it sounds like to me too. It sounds like you were unlocked using your phone on a different carrier and when you upgraded,youdestroyed the ability for your SIM Card to be read because it doesn't belong to the 'official' carrier of the iPhone.
    03-23-2010 03:10 AM
    It was unlocked and working on a non-official carrier before the restore.

After the restore it upgraded the baseband to 05.12.01. I managed to downgrade the firmware to 3.1.2 and restore all my contacts/messages etc, but the baseband remains at the upgraded 05.12.01. I tried using Fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband to one that's unlockable but the Bootloader is 06.02 so that doesn't work either :/

Are there any other options or am I screwed royally here? Would it be possible to restore to factory settings before 3.1.3 and the upgraded baseband? Or do I have to wait for the iPhone Dev Team to release their unlock whenever that may happen?

Cheers
    03-23-2010 03:07 PM
    It was unlocked and working on a non-official carrier before the restore.

After the restore it upgraded the baseband to 05.12.01. I managed to downgrade the firmware to 3.1.2 and restore all my contacts/messages etc, but the baseband remains at the upgraded 05.12.01. I tried using Fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband to one that's unlockable but the Bootloader is 06.02 so that doesn't work either :/

Are there any other options or am I screwed royally here? Would it be possible to restore to factory settings before 3.1.3 and the upgraded baseband? Or do I have to wait for the iPhone Dev Team to release their unlock whenever that may happen?

Cheers
    You can't downgrade the 3G baseband. You're screwed right now until a new unlock comes out.
    03-23-2010 03:10 PM
    You can't downgrade the 3G baseband. You're screwed right now until a new unlock comes out.
    Damn, that's what I was dreading. I got the phone off craigslist, and have no idea who it was originally locked to, is there a way of finding out? Would be cool if I could sell it back as a locked carrier phone.
    03-23-2010 03:26 PM
    Damn, that's what I was dreading. I got the phone off craigslist, and have no idea who it was originally locked to, is there a way of finding out? Would be cool if I could sell it back as a locked carrier phone.
    why don't you ask the seller from craigslist you bought it from??
    03-23-2010 03:44 PM
    How much are you selling it for?
    03-23-2010 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD