My wife has an iphone 3g that I jailbroke when she first got it but now she wants to unjailbreak it and update it to the 3.1.3, don't ask why! I've read several posts that stated that you should restore it as a new phone. If I do this, will she lose all of her contacts, music, ringtone, etc...?
    03-22-2010 11:00 AM
    You should be able to back up all contacts, music, ringtones, etc... in iTunes first, then following the restore, re-sync the phone with iTunes to get everything back on there.
    03-22-2010 12:56 PM
    I would not restore from backup because some Jailbreak files get carried over. Instead sync as new and just synce ur contacts and everything you want back on it.
    03-22-2010 03:02 PM
    So when I restore it as a new phone, iTunes will still allow me to sync the old "jailbroke" contacts etc...to the so called new phone? Just wanted to make sure that iTunes did not treat it like someone elses phone, ie...would not allow you to put your info on it. Does that make sense?
    03-22-2010 04:06 PM
    I think contacts should be synced over even if they were added after a jailbreak
    03-22-2010 11:31 PM
    So long as you were syncing your contacts with a Mac application or Outlook or something similar you will be fine. You'll be fine if you were syncing your contacts with GMail or MobileMe as well ( for example ).
    03-23-2010 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD