Hey guys,
    I've had my 3g jailbroke/unlocked for a few months now...and just about every day, i will go to make a call or something and it is in DFU mode. I have to do a hard reset and reboot it. Has anyone experienced this problem? I am running 3.1.2 firmware and baseband 05.11.07. It works fine when it is on and running, then all of a sudden it goes into the DFU mode.
    Thanks
    03-21-2010 10:44 AM
    DFU mode or recovery mode? DFU usually shows nothing but a black screen and is recognized by your computer via USB. Recovery mode gives you the "connect to iTunes" screen.

If it's in recovery, then you may have a tethered jailbreak.

Does this problem only occur when you run out of power or reboot your phone?
    03-21-2010 02:11 PM
    DFU mode or recovery mode? DFU usually shows nothing but a black screen and is recognized by your computer via USB. Recovery mode gives you the "connect to iTunes" screen.

If it's in recovery, then you may have a tethered jailbreak.

Does this problem only occur when you run out of power or reboot your phone?
    It goes into DFU mode. There is nothing on the screen. I will go to hit the home button to get the screen back on and nothing happens. I just restored the phone and jailbroke it and unlocked it and it did the same thing. It happens a various times. Not sure whats going on with it.
    03-23-2010 07:58 AM
    Do you have a tethered jailbreak?
    03-23-2010 04:53 PM
    No, it is just a regular jailbreak using blackra1n.
    03-24-2010 07:06 AM
    No, it is just a regular jailbreak using blackra1n.
    So you have an untethered jailbreak? An untethered or tethered jailbreak are both regular.
    03-28-2010 08:27 PM
    Yes, but it's not regular to randomly go into DFU mode.

Have you considered using sn0wbreeze for Windows or PwnageTool for Mac to upgrade to jailbroken & unlocked 3.1.3?

Then set your phone up as new, resync everything, and start anew, with no problems?
    03-28-2010 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD