Why does Apple suddenly have a problem with Jailbreak ?

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
For the longest time apple didn't seem to care about jailbreaking . All of a sudden a few months ago they seem to have a problem. I'm a newbie and have only had my 3Gs for 3 months, I had it jailbroken before and must say it was awesome however the tehthered jailbreak was a problem so I stopped. What did I miss that they now care about jailbreaking ?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
They have always cared about it. Every other update or so has fixed whatever it was that allowed a user to jailbreak. If Apple had their way, there would be no jailbreaking at all ever.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
It weird that one can buy an iPhone, and it not really belong to them, i.e. you can't modify it if you want. It's almost like Apple are saying you can 'rent' your iPhone from us.

I just want to be able to have themes, and different tones. I personally don't think that is asking too much...

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
It weird that one can buy an iPhone, and it not really belong to them, i.e. you can't modify it if you want. It's almost like Apple are saying you can 'rent' your iPhone from us.

I just want to be able to have themes, and different tones. I personally don't think that is asking too much...

I agree , also I was impressed with the untapped power with the iPhone when I jailbroke it , themes ,multitasking turning your iPhone into a wireless hotspot just to name a few.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
One need only watch TipB to understand it. The issue is brand, customer satisfaction. Apple is alll about brand. Brand is what their customers buy. Brand is what their investors buy.

The jailbreakers think that they are the market, that Apple would sell more if they removed the restrictions. They believe that customer satisfaction would not suffer. Palm believes that. Google believes that. Apple does not believe that, nor do they much care. They have followed a conservative strategy, and, at least by their own metrics, it has worked. Apple says, "Good enough is good enough."

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Perhaps not. However, from Apple's point of view, they are less concerned with making each and every iPhone exactly the way its owner wants than about preserving the closed system.

Apple wants to protect its own market for software and the market of its partners. The closed system is part of that strategy. Note that to the extent of jailbreaking, others are selling software into the iPhone market.

It is also part of Apple's overall strategy. They are able to sell an Apple quality product at a popular price, in part because they have an interest in the software sales.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner