Hi everyone..

I bought iphone 3gs 3.1.2 modem firmware 05.11.07 yesterday.I made the jailbreak just fine with blackra1n RC3 and
    insatll cydia + Rock it all work great but when the iphone shutdown i had to
    connect it to itunes and jailbreak it again each time.So i deleted the blackra1n and the cydia <<< cuz i thought i did the jailbreak wrong..

Then i knew that i have a new bootrom or what ever, that why i should jailbreak it over and over (I'm not even sure if i have a new bootrom or not but that what i read)..
    Now the problem is that i can not reinstall the blackra1n again on my iphone or even the cydia

Is there any way to run it again? can i make reset or restore with out upgrading to 3.1.3?!!
    plz help me..plz plz plz

by the way i got an error when i removed the cydia i can not remember it sorry and i'm working on windows vista+ itunes 9
    03-20-2010 08:12 PM
    Every time i shutdown my itouch i need to jailbreak it again and again it starts in recovery mode in itunes I hv a lot of data on my itouch , even my backup isnt working after installing blackrain. Please give me a remedy ASAP
    03-21-2010 09:06 AM
    Jesus Christ.

TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G[s], then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G[s], that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

Let me know how that goes.
    03-21-2010 02:01 PM
    And by the way, your backups aren't affected in any way by blackra1n. Jailbreaking doesn't affect your actual system files, and they don't affect or modify any of the files that iTunes accesses. iTunes has no clue that you're jailbroken.
    03-21-2010 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD