need help with iphone 4gb 2g i believe

reem2514

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
A friend gave me his iphone 2g 4gb to have since he wasnt very knowledgeable about them(neither am I but figured I'd give it a shot.) It is stuck with connect to itune usb cord,I tried connect to itunes to restore but it gets stuck at waiting to restore and then gives error codes 1604 ,20 etc. I used pwnage and made a custom ipsw and it follwed instructions it gave which made a pineapple pop up on the iphone but it still would'nt boot. I'm using a g5 intel running snowleopard if anyone can help me It would be greatly appreicated.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK you have the 2G do you need it to be unlocked? Do you have the SIM that the iPhone is locked to? ie. AT&T SIM and AT&T iPhone If so make sure you have the latest pwnage tool and build your custom ipsw for the version of firmware you want to put on the iPhone. The phone is in recovery mode, when it has the USB to Globe on the screen connect it to iTunes. iTunes will tell you it found an iPhone in recovery mode and it needs to be restored, now hold down the option key and click restore. It will ask you to specify the ipsw you want to restore this is where you browse to your custom ipsw. If you do need the phone to be unlocked then the phone is going to run BootNeuter which can sometimes take very long and with the 2G it is possible to brick the phone. So if you need the phone to be unlocked meaning you have a different SIM than the phone is locked to when creating your ipsw make sure you choose the Activate phone in General Settings, this is personal but I always put my Root partition size to 1024MB or 1GB I've never had problems with that setting but did when I left it at the default once. The Neuter Bootloader should have the settings already checked for it to run if it does then leave it as default, if it doesn't then check the first option and last two bottom options. You can accept all the other default settings to create the ipsw. When Boot Neuter runs you will see matrix like code running on the phone's screen make sure you swipe your finger across the screen at intervals to keep the phone from falling asleep I've heard of people having problems when that happens.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
First things first...

HOW TO FIX 16xx ERRORS WHILE RESTORING

Once you get the error DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE OR CLOSE ITUNES.

1). You get the 16xx error.
2). DON'T TURN OFF ITUNES. DON'T DISCONNECT IPHONE.
3). If the iPhone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If it's off or unresponsive, then you'll need to kick it out of DFU mode next.
4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
5). iTunes will finally detect it again.
6). Now try to simply restore it - click on the "Restore" button on iTunes, and voil?. It SHOULD work if everything went correctly.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Also, the correct settings for BootNeuter are as follows:

NOTE: ONLY do this if you need to unlock. If you don't need that, why bother?

In Cydia, search for the app ?BootNeuter? and install the app. Open BootNeuter and make sure the settings match are exactly as follows:

Version: 4.6
Neuter: On
Faceblank: Off
Baseband: Unlock

Then tap "Flash" in the upper right corner to unlock.

Reboot your iPhone. Insert SIM card of your choice. Reboot your iPhone again.*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR