OK, now ?I? need help with something. My computer crashed. :(

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
And long story short, I'm lost.

I JUST restored my iPhone, to 3.1.3 THROUGH sn0wbreeze, so I'm jailbroken and unlocked on a 3G w/old bootrom.

I restored all my settings manually, and have NEVER backed up with this new configuration.

My computer crashed before I could even sync my music/movies back on.

What I want to do - USB connect my
iPhone to the computer, and just sync it to this "new" CPU config, where it DOES NOT restore, and does NOT erase my current iPhone setup. BUT, I want it to backup my iPhone, save my settings/profiles, and sync my library.

I have a bad feeling in my gut, but to fellow experts - this is a problem I've never faces before.

Can anyone offer any help for this unique little problem of mine?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
And IF iTunes makes me restore, can I still use the sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 custom ipsw that I have by shift+restoring?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is no way to sync without ... syncing.

Were you able to restore your stuff from the crashed computer? Or is your iPhone the only place you have your music library?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, 2 days ago, my iPhone crashed and I had to do an emergency custom restore using sn0wbreeze and nothing more than intense prayer.

The only thing I did to my phone is restore from an old backup. I didn't even sync my music back ONTO my iPhone.

So I have a blank library on my iPhone - HOWEVER, I did remove all of the music and video from the computer before the final crash.

So basically, I can put the music all back on the computer side, but how can I have my iPhone connected to iTunes and have it NATIVE? Like, I want to be able to save backups, profiles, settings, etc.

So, am I screwed?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As soon as you connect your iPhone to this iTunes, it's going to say "your iPhone is associated with another computer" (or something to that effect), and then warn you that everything on your phone will be erased, do you want to continue. I'm unaware of a way around this without the association files from the original iTunes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
We need more info, can you salvage anything from the crashed computer? When you moved the music and videos off how did you do it? If you copied the My Music directory then you can copy it back to the same place and iTunes should pick everything up. If you can then there shouldn't be any problem but it needs to be copied back exactly how it was before. Do you not have any backup of the computer? Another thing you could try is on the computer login to your iTunes account on the machine plug in your phone just don't sync or anything go to Tools and look for something that says remove association with this phone or move association or something. I haven't had this problem before so I'm not sure if this will help you. I've moved phones from one computer to another and like I said you just usually choose transfer purchases or something like that in iTunes. What are you scared will happen to your phone? if you connect it and sync it wont update your firmware so even if it wipes everything out you can just re-JB.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, when I wa going through the panic process, I literally went into the iTunes directory (not THROUGH iTunes) and literally cut the music and other files from the CPU and pasted them on an external HD.

As far as copying it exactly as it was before, I just have the raw files. If anyone can take a screen shot of the directories inside 'My Music', then I can rebuild the directory structure. Obviously all th titles of my music and folders will be different, I'd just need to know where the hell to put them.

Also, wouldn't I need to tell iTunes where to save everything so that it was 'in sunc' with those new directories?

I have NO backup of the CPU. At all.

And I can't re-jailbreak (to my knowledge) because I'm on a sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 custom ipsw. I'm just panicking because I really can't lose my jailbreak.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I may have missed something here, and apologise in advance, but could you not use a substitute program such as CopyTrans to sync your info to your phone?

Download ITunes, and extract it using winRAR, and install the mobile device support, which is the drivers for your phone. Then install copyTrans and sync manually that way. It'll put all your music and junk back on the phone, and since it's not itunes doing it, it wont ask you to upgrade.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Here's the problem - I didn't update any info TO my phone FROM my original library.

I've had a bad week.

Monday, my iPhone crashed. I had to do an emergency restore. I only had enough time to copy my settings (restore from backup) before I had to leave for work.

Tuesday morning, I get home, and my computer completely crashes. Had to do an emergency Windows restore.

I nver had the chance to sync my library back on to the iPhone. All I got to keep were my photos, contacts, and system settings.

CopyTrnbs would have been perfect - IF I had synced all my crap.

All I did was in a panic, go into my iTunes directory on my computer before the final crash, and cut the music/video/album artwork files from my harddrive, an paste them onto an external harddrive.

I pretty much figured it out though, as it seems like I'm going to have to add the files all manually all over again, and recreate my playlists, then sync.

I did what Alli said - synced to the new library, transferred all of my purchases, authorized the 'new' CPU, and created a backup, so it seems like I'm up and running again.

It's just a pain in the ass to have to add/setup all my files, one by one again.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Also, I'm running a 3.1.3 sn0wbreeze OS ("operating system") on a 3G with the old bootrom, so it didn't require me to upgrade, as I am 'current' in the eyes of iTunes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK I've been out of the loop for awhile I'm still on 3.1.2 and not going anywhere until 4.0 Anyway you cut everything from My Music, I may be wrong but I think if you just paste it back into My Music iTunes should pick up everything. iTunes is written to use it's folder to store everything it's My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music or something like that I don't use Windows for my library but I work on Windows machines daily and I think that is pretty close. So I would say just copy all the stuff back to My Music and open iTunes to see if all your libraries now show up or not?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77