Hi, I wanted to know more about unlocking. I am going to the U.S. Soon and I want to get a pre-paid sim card there and use it in my iPhone. I know that in order to unlock you need to jailbreak. My first question is...when I come back will I be able to un-jailbreak it so my apple care warranty will still work? Will the YouTube app, push settings be back to working condition?

I was also doing some research about unlocking without doing a jailbreak and I found was a legit/official unlock. They said once they hooked it up to iTunes it said from apple that it's unlocked and you can update the iPhone to any firmware and it will still be unlocked. How can I do this?

Thanks

Stef
    03-13-2010 07:44 PM
    It all depends on your carrier now. If you have the iPhone, callyour carrier and see if they can 'officially unlock' or 'carrier unlock' your device. If they an do that, it will be unlocked forever, regardless of what OS ("operating system") you're running. No update will remove your unlock, etc.
    03-14-2010 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the reply, so I will Call them up and try to unlock it. Thanks again

Stef
    03-14-2010 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD