OK, first, I promise I searched this but couldn't find anything helpful, though I'm sure someone has asked before.

I just bought a new laptop and I'm in the process of moving everything over from my existing computer. My concern is that when I plug my iPhone in for the first time on the new computer, it's going to automatically want to upgrade to 3.1.3. I'm not positive (it's been a while since my phone was new lol), but I'm pretty sure I don't get the option to not download and install upgrades automatically until after the iTunes has already detected my phone for the first time.

I really don't want to go back to an unjailbroken phone. This is my first post, but I've been lurking around since before I even owned an iPhone, and I think this is the best possible place I can find a good answer.

This is unrelated, but if anyone has good suggestions on easy ways to move my iTunes library over, that would be appreciated as well. I have a lot of music burned from CDs, so burning everything is probably my best bet, but it's going to be time consuming, and I'm open to better ideas. I don't have an external HDD

Thank you in advance for your replies.
    03-12-2010 09:02 PM
    iTunes will let you know there is an upgrade available. But it will ask if you want to download, or download and install. You do have the option of not installing.

You could network the old pc to the new laptop via your home network, and just copy directly from one to the other.
    03-12-2010 10:20 PM
    Thank you
    03-12-2010 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD