HI
    I HAVE A 3G IPHONE and all specifications are correct with what is required to jailbreak the phone. the phone is unlocked and im on orange.

when i run Blackra1n from my pc i get to the screen that says complete if this was the easiest etc and the iphone reeboots.

my problem is the blackrain icon does not apear on my iphone .

my iphone is already unlocked to networks what do i need to do please.

oh on my springboard next to App store there is a blank square but i have installed some apps that go onto page two leaving the square blank?

itunes also states phone is in recovery modeyou must restore this iphone before it can be used with itunes and blackra1n wait for reeboot stays on desktop
    Last edited by wilso31; 03-11-2010 at 04:42 AM.
    03-11-2010 04:35 AM
    HI
    I HAVE A 3G IPHONE and all specifications are correct with what is required to jailbreak the phone. the phone is unlocked and im on orange.

when i run Blackra1n from my pc i get to the screen that says complete if this was the easiest etc and the iphone reeboots.

my problem is the blackrain icon does not apear on my iphone .

my iphone is already unlocked to networks what do i need to do please.

oh on my springboard next to App store there is a blank square but i have installed some apps that go onto page two leaving the square blank?

itunes also states phone is in recovery modeyou must restore this iphone before it can be used with itunes and blackra1n wait for reeboot stays on desktop
    What firmware do you have? 3.1.2 or 3.1.3? The latter cannot (yet) be jailbroken.

Also, when you jailbreak, make sure to shut down iTunes.
    03-11-2010 06:08 AM
    i have 3.1.2 firmware on my phone i have tried several times . my iphone is also currently unlocked so it allows me to use orange sim which is in.

I have run blackra1n with itunes off and the box that says done wait for reeboot is greyed out but still on my desktop. im running win7 and have tried with xp compat mode also.

I have thought of re setting my iphone but dont fancy having it locked to o2

please help as i dont fancy doing this should i try it with an 02 sim in the phone?
    03-11-2010 02:49 PM
    are you running windows or mac? I would say download the blackra1n executable again. When you are ready to do it put the phone into airplane mode and make sure iTunes is not running before you run blackra1n.
    03-11-2010 03:08 PM
    You say you're unlocked. How did you get your phone unlocked?
    03-11-2010 03:41 PM
    He's on o2 - they are officially unlocking them almost everywhere except North America.
    03-11-2010 04:38 PM
    it was unlocked by the person who sold it me when i bought it im on orange and no still same guys. ive even turned off my firewall getting desperate now can i unlock my phone again if i do a restore from itunes and how?
    03-11-2010 06:21 PM
    YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER US, DAMMIT!

What OS are you on?!? And also, you're not 'officially' unlocked if the guy who sold it to you is the one who unlocked it.

The cell company is the only one who can officially unlock it.
    03-11-2010 06:41 PM
    He's on o2 - they are officially unlocking them almost everywhere except North America.
    Yes, but I thought they were unlocking phones that had been purchased for X amount of time? That's why I was asking. You have to call the carrier and within a week or so they send you a text with instructions or something along those lines.
    03-11-2010 06:53 PM
    YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER US, DAMMIT!

What OS are you on?!? And also, you're not 'officially' unlocked if the guy who sold it to you is the one who unlocked it.

The cell company is the only one who can officially unlock it.

i have 3.1.2 firmware on my phone i have tried several times . my iphone is also currently unlocked so it allows me to use orange sim which is in.

I have run blackra1n with itunes off and the box that says done wait for reeboot is greyed out but still on my desktop. im running win7 and have tried with xp compat mode also.

I have thought of re setting my iphone but dont fancy having it locked to o2

please help as i dont fancy doing this should i try it with an 02 sim in the phone?
    He said he's on Win7, just hard to see with no caps or general punctuation lol.
    03-11-2010 06:53 PM
    Well, that negates any troublehooting I was going to offer.

If he's still on Windows, still on 3.1.2, then there's no real reason why blackra1n shouldn't be working.

Would it be too selfish to ask for more details?
    03-11-2010 07:52 PM
    I have a feeling it is already jailbroken and that's how it was unlocked as well. Just a guess though.
    03-12-2010 12:29 PM
    Do you have Cydia on your iPhone? If so then it was probably unlocked and jailbroken with something other than Blackra1n.
    03-12-2010 01:39 PM
    Wow, we're sure really concerned about helping someone who doesn't appear to care all that much...lol...

That said, would you guys pretty please look at my thread about tethering w/o JB?

Noone loves me.
    03-12-2010 01:49 PM
    Sorry CrunchDude, you can't tether w/o jb if you're on AT&T. Soon, maybe.
    03-12-2010 05:00 PM
    sorry guys been away a few days ive had another attempt at this and still no joy. it has been ulocked by someone yes, and i had a note with the phone advising me that i should not update the phone to 3.1.3 because this will lok the phone again.

Tere is a chance it is jailbroken but there is no cydian on the phone . is there a way i can manually install this please?

or do i have to reset the phone . if so how do i unlock it again

thanks for your help so far
    03-15-2010 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD