I have a 3G iphone that i tried to unlock using blackra1n with no success! the phone showed the itunes logo with the cord on the screen during the jailbreak and jailbreaking it did not complete...so i tried running blackra1n again to rejailbreak the phone and it froze during the process!!! So i tried to reboot the phone but it was unable to be recognized by itunes or the computer via usb cord! I tried holding down both the sleep/home buttons for over 60 seconds each time, and nothing happened! i woke up yesterday morning and the phone was completely black and non responsive. So I took it too the Apple Store last night and they told me the phone was dead, and he couldn't run the diagnostics on it because i have a tmobile sim card and that wont work! So i need to purchase a new one for $199.00 ..and come over to AT&T!!! i need help! is there any way to fix this problem?
    03-10-2010 11:13 AM
    I have never heard of a dead 3G iPhone. You may be unable to use the phone if you are unable to put back the OS that is able to be JBen and unlocked but you should be able to get the phone working again. So I would advise you to get the OEM 3.1.2 ipsw file, there are links on here, shut your phone off and open your iTunes. Then hold down the home button and connect your phone to the USB cable. It should start to boot and eventually go into recovery mode, don't let go of the home button until it goes into recovery mode. Once it's in recovery mode try the key combo + restore button to load the 3.1.2 ipsw file to reload the OS. Once the OS is reloaded you can try to JB the phone again, maybe download blackra1n again before trying the re-JB. If your phone wont load the OEM 3.1.2 ipsw file or the phone wont go into recovery mode you could just connect it to iTunes and upgrade to 3.1.3 sell it and buy another unlocked phone. Let us know what happens.
    03-10-2010 12:27 PM
    Wait - when you tried to use blackra1n, what OS ("operating system") were you using? 3.1.2, or 3.1.3?
    03-10-2010 01:26 PM
    he said he has a t-mobile sim in the phone so I guessed that he had 3.1.2 since it would have to be unlocked. I was also going to ask if the phone had been upgraded or running 3.1.3
    03-10-2010 02:21 PM
    In his opening line he said that he "tried to unlock". I took that to mean that he hadn't actually done it before, and that this was his first attempt.

I actually approached this as if he were an existing T-Mobile customer, got a used iPhone, and tried to make it work on T-Mobile.

OP, please clarify.
    03-10-2010 02:49 PM
    yes this was my first attempt and i have an existed tmobile sim card inserted into my phone...i purchased the phone used from a friend who had the phone unlocked then he purchased a new iphone in white and sold me the black phone, he had all of his apps and videos and music transfered to the new phone and were guessing that re-locked the phone.
    Last edited by SoSad; 03-10-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    03-10-2010 09:58 PM
    also my home button and sleep buttons are not doing anything when i hold either or both of them down for more than 60 seconds...
    03-10-2010 10:05 PM
    DFU RESTORE

Try the steps listed below, but make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of iTunes before attempting to do this.

Put the iPhone into DFU mode so you can do an iTunes firmware restore follow these steps:

Step One
    Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac or PC.

Step Two
    Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.

Step Three
    After exactly 10 seconds, release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until iTunes pops up with a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

The iPhone screen will remain black.

NOTE***: It may take a few attempts to get your iPhone into DFU mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!

Step Four
    Download from iTunes and install the latest firmware (3.1.2/7D11) and install it. Then, when it's done, simply either restore it from a previously created backup, or set it up as a new iPhone and re-sync all of your stuff back onto it.
    03-10-2010 11:47 PM
    But keep in mind, if you do the above DFU restore method, you will be upgraded to 3.1.3, which through STOCK cannot be jailbroken/unlocked.

I just posted that to show you that it can still work, wonderfully, just not unlocked yet.
    03-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Copying the info to the new phone wouldn't lock the phone the only thing that would lock it is upgrading or reloading the OS. This would remove the JB and unlock. Anyway before you restore the phone to 3.1.3 try this

So I would advise you to get the OEM 3.1.2 ipsw file, there are links on here, shut your phone off and open your iTunes. Then hold down the home button and connect your phone to the USB cable. It should start to boot and eventually go into recovery mode, don't let go of the home button until it goes into recovery mode. Once it's in recovery mode try the key combo + restore button to load the 3.1.2 ipsw file to reload the OS. Once the OS is reloaded you can try to JB the phone again, maybe download blackra1n again before trying the re-JB.

If your phone wont load the OEM 3.1.2 ipsw file or the phone wont go into recovery mode you could just connect it to iTunes and upgrade to 3.1.3 sell it and buy another unlocked phone. Another option is to wait until 3.2 or 4.0 is JBen and upgrade and JB but unlock may not be available becasue of the upgraded baseband so you may still have to sell anyway.
    03-11-2010 08:59 AM
    Here's the problem - Apple stopped signing all OS versions other than 3.1.3.

he would have to modify his iTunes to be directed to Saurik's servers first, and pray to God that Cydia had saved his SHSH hashes.
    03-11-2010 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD