iphone 2g-problem with jailbreak/unlock

polaxgr

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all , i live in Greece and i got a 3gs and a 2g iphones.

I have a problem with the 2g, i install the 3.1.2 firmware , i use blackra1n for jailbreak and after 5-10sec my wifi goes dead. Also i cant unlock it , i tried pwnage and some others programs(the one cant verify the ipsw and the other-mac- program cannot find it, it keeps on searching and searching )

Any guide? Solutions ? to jailbreak it and unlock it ? w/o having problems with wifi ? thnx!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Do your research before you attempt, this will save you from losing anything. If you have a mac I would advise you to get pwnage tool the latest version which will do both phones. Then get the 3.1.2 firmware for each. Then create your custom ipsw files for both and go through the process. Once you're done depending on which baseband you have do the unlock. The 3Gs is 50/50 if it's a newer one it's probably got the newer boot loader which means it will be a tethered JB, if it's one of the earlier ones and you're lucky you will go through the process and be all done. All the info above is all here in threads so search and ye shall find.

polaxgr

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
To unlock a 2G, you need BootNeuter from Cydia.

Is it successfully jailbroken?

i jailbreak it with blackra1n but after 10seconds i dont have wifi. on the 2g model.

the 3gs is ok.

is there something else to use besides blackra1n ? and how to install cydia w/o blackra1n ?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Try this -

go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

Reboot the phone, and tell me if this fixes your Wi?Fi problem.

Now, no, you can't install Cydia without first using blackra1n.

Whatever you do - DO NOT upgrade to 3.1.3.

Once you've jailbroken OS ("operating system") 3.1.2 on your 2G, let me know. I'll post the instructions for unlocking your iPhone 2G through BootNeuter.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Not via STOCK through iTunes!!!

He has to create a custom ipsw for that!

Why does everyone pretend I don't know what I'm talking about?!?

Edit: Apparently, I DIDN'T know what I was talking about. 2G can be jailbroken from a stock install and unlocked w/BootNeuter, and the 3G can be jailbroken only with redsn0w 0.94, and not unlocked.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP you talk about using pwnage are you using Windows or Mac? I find pwnage tool much better than blackra1n but that's just my personal bias I've used both.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hmm.... I concede then. I was unaware that 3.1.3 could be jailbroken from a stock install on the 2G/3G.

However, after reading that link you posted, for the 3G, I would still recommend using PwnageTool/sn0wbreeze to upgrade, because on the 3G it won't allow you to unlock.

And as always, the 2G is a simple BootNeuter unlock, so thank you for the enlightenment. :)

polaxgr

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Try this -

go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

Reboot the phone, and tell me if this fixes your Wi?Fi problem.

Now, no, you can't install Cydia without first using blackra1n.

Whatever you do - DO NOT upgrade to 3.1.3.

Once you've jailbroken OS ("operating system") 3.1.2 on your 2G, let me know. I'll post the instructions for unlocking your iPhone 2G through BootNeuter.

i do that , and still got problem with wifi. BootNeuter is for mac or windows ? i got both OS's.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2