New guy with a dumb problem

fastWS6

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
hello folks, Just recently purchased a jailbroken iphone 32g from a friend of my son. I love the phone! it has been working really well while using tmobile and i had no complaints till a small incident.

Last night specifically, i left my phone plugged into the computer to charge, my son logged on his itunes and did some crazy upgrade, now I understand while being jailbroken, I should NOT upgrade the phone, but he did, simple mistake, in any case, I have tried to do some research and have really come up with nothing. Decided to join this forum because it looks pretty active and while reading the faqs, I have learned quite a few things.

Unfortunately i am completely stumped on how to fix this thing. All it shows me is a small usb cable trying to connect to an itunes logo. Folks i really need the help. I am in sales right now and my clients contact me through this phone and this could potentially hurt my numbers. Any help or advice would really be appreciated.

Mike-

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
If you want to stay on T-mobile, I suggest you buy a new phone. If the phone has been upgraded to 3.1.3 then it cannot be jailbroken at this time and may never be able to be unlocked again.

ryne4u

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
You will have to wait it out till next update. The dev team is holding up on putting any new exploits out till 3.2 maybe 4.0. Either of those dont look to far away but it may be a few months.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
What iPhone model is this? Does the iPhone start at all or is it just the "connect to iTunes" screen?

And are you sure that he upgraded? Thissoulds like a POSSIBLE blackrain reboot. Do you have a tethered jailbreak?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but I'm mainly wondering if it was fully updated, or if it just rebooted and this is thedrst time that he's come into contact with a tethered jailbreak reboot.

I guess I had a small glimmer of hope that maybe he hadn't upgraded the OS fully.