Ran Blackrain to Jailbreak..but wont work..help

norcalsherri

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3Gs 3.1.3
MY phone was jailbroken before...but something happened..not sure what..and my phone had to be restored to its original condition ...i then restored a back up. So I downloaded Blackrain..had my phone plugged in...I run Blackrain..it will then say entering recovery...then running...then I get the message that my phone has been jailbroke...and it says wait for reboot...well it gets stuck there...and wont reboot...my iphone screen is not completely black you can see a little light on it.. if I do a home and turn off my phone or just turn off and turn on..it is not jailbroke...any suggestions?
Thank you!
Sherri
I have also done this without my itunes being open

jbwkz

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to this too, but I think if you're have 3.1.3 then you can't jailbreak your iphone 3gs yet. And even if you could, if you shutdown your phone you'd have to redo the blackra1n thing again

benzo

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to this too, but I think if you're have 3.1.3 then you can't jailbreak your iphone 3gs yet. And even if you could, if you shutdown your phone you'd have to redo the blackra1n thing again

you are correct with that assumption.

norcalsherri

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
thank you

Thank you for replying back! So I shouldn't of updated to the 3.1.3? can I get back to a earlier version and then jailbreak my phone?

Thank you again for the time you took to try and help!
Sherri

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
search for "downgrading from 3.12 or downgrading from 3.1.3". There are numerous posts on this site (and others) that will walk you through downgrading and re-jailbreaking. Of course this can only be done if you have your SHSH files saved on Cydia's server.

norcalsherri

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you regarding the search. That is what I have been doing. Now you said about my SHSH files on cydias server...I have seen that posted as well when i have searched...I believe that would mean I would have to have Cydia still on my iphone in order to get this info?
Thanks again
sherri

sirchip

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
'easy' fix...

you can get the 3.1.2 software if you download off of bittorrent. save it to your computer then when its finished dowloading, open itunes and hit the restore button and shift at the same time. then search for your 3.1.2 software and continue and you should see it restore back to the 3.1.2 and then jb...

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3Gs 3.1.3
MY phone was jailbroken before...but something happened..not sure what..and my phone had to be restored to its original condition ...i then restored a back up. So I downloaded Blackrain..had my phone plugged in...I run Blackrain..it will then say entering recovery...then running...then I get the message that my phone has been jailbroke...and it says wait for reboot...well it gets stuck there...and wont reboot...my iphone screen is not completely black you can see a little light on it.. if I do a home and turn off my phone or just turn off and turn on..it is not jailbroke...any suggestions?
Thank you!
Sherri
I have also done this without my itunes being open

I know what happened! After you restored your iPhone, iTunes automatically updated your firmware to 3.1.3 because you need to turn of automatically update in your iTunes settings. If you had your SHSH's on file with Cydia like you said you will be able to downgrade to 3.1.2 & rejailbreak. First thing you should is turn off auto updates in your iTunes settings. I'm sure by now you have read what could have happened to your iPhone if you upgraded to 3.1.3 without having restored back to normal. Glad to hear this is not what happened, I know I seen somewhere how to get 3.1.2 back. I will post it asap, when I get to my pc. Unless somone beats me to it, BRB! ;)

Last edited:

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
'easy' fix...

you can get the 3.1.2 software if you download off of bittorrent. save it to your computer then when its finished dowloading, open itunes and hit the restore button and shift at the same time. then search for your 3.1.2 software and continue and you should see it restore back to the 3.1.2 and then jb...

DOH! What he said, LOL. ^^^^^^^^^^

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You still won't be able to restore, itunes will attempt to contact the Apple servers to make sure you are allowed to install that version. That version of the firmware isn't being signed anymore and it will fail to install.

sirchip

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Thank you sirchip...hmmm I'm looking on bitcurrent ...seem to not find the file for he 3gs...am i overlooking ?
sorry if I'm a pain! :)

use the site torrentz.com and search for iphone 3.1.2 and go from there. since im at work, all i can say is that the file is about 250 mb and i had to do this just last week myself

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Norcal, listen to big9. Even if you download the 3.1.2 firmware, while iTunes is installing it, it will send out a request to Apple's servers to 'verify' the firmware. This is called "signing". Apple has publically stated that they are not currently signing ANY older firmwares that the current one, which is 3.1.3.

I don't know what the hell the guys earlier in this thread are telling you, as they obviously don't have a clue.

If you previously had Cydia on your iPhone, and if you had previously pressed the button in Cydia called "Make my life easier", then yes, you can downgrade back to 3.1.2. But it's not a "quick fix", or a simple thing.

Your baseband has STILL been upgraded, and that means that you can't be unlocked yet. Jailbroken, yes. Unlocked, no.

norcalsherri

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Lvcifer...so in short...I'm screwed ? :)
So what will be my hope?
Thanks again
Sherri
sooo bummed...no jailbroke phone anymore...back to the basic iphone..oh my I got spoiled :(

sirchip

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
actually i do have a clue since the same thing did happen to me. downloaded the 3.1.2 software on Feb 17th and restored with itunes and then jailbroke my phone with blackra!n and all is well.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Dude, you told her to download some random, vague file from a f'n torrent site. I don't think anyone will take that seriously. :|