Problem with 3gs 3.1.2 jailbreak/unlock

alied786

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I recently bought an iphone 3gs 32gb from ebay, it came with firmware 3.1.2.
Everything works great, but the problem is if I turn the phone off, and when it turns back on, it shows the itunes sign with usb cable. Then I have to use the Blackbra1n software on desktop, to "make it rain" and it reboots the phone.

I wanted to know is there anything possible I can do in which I won't have to do the make it rain thing. Not that I will be turning my phone off every time or anything, but if I decide to sell it later on or something, then I wouldn't want that to cause me trouble. My friend has an unlocked/jailbroken 3gs 16gb and he also has blackra1n with 3.1.2, but he does not have to actually go to desktop and open the software..

Please help! It will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Nothing you can do. It's called a tethered jailbreak. This might be addressed after the release of OS 4.0, but only the iPhone hackers know that for sure.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes. And the reason WHY your jailbreak is different than your frends is because e has an older 3G and you have a newer 3G. The Newer 3G all have a tethered jailbreak. So you're stuck that way for now.

benzo

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
my buddy has the same issue. I have a 3gs made in Oct. his was made in January. I can operate the jailbreak just fine. However he can jailbreak it but if he reboots he has to jailbreak all over again. i told him not to reboot the phone till a fix is avaliable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73