Mail GONE from my iPhone...Apple says restore, but...

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
...how do I restore without losing my Jailbreak??? iTunes says it will update the software (to 3.1.3) and "verify" it with Apple!???

What if I "Erase All Content and Settings" from the iPhone? Can I restore then?

And why would my Mail icon (app; and all my email!?!??!) simply disappear?? It did co-incide with my deleting the MobileMe trial without first changing my iTunes email address or in the AppleID section?!??!?!

Please help. I don't care to update to 3.1.3, but I do care to get my email on my iPhone. Is there a way to restore and block the update to 3.1.3? I've also read that Apple won't "sign" 3.1.2 anymore. What does that mean? Is that what that "verifying" of the restore means? UGH!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you're stuck where you're at for now if you can't get the mail app back without restoring the phone.

you ran into the "break" part of jailbreak

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
you cannot do a restore without losing your jailbreak. and if you do erase all settings you will HAVE to restore and go to 3.1.3.

just out of curiousity, when you do a search for the Mail app on your phone, does it show up?

and are you using any jailbreak apps such as categories or SBSettings? because they can have a roll in an icon disappearing...

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, guys! This may have been a blessing in disguise, as I found all of these Mail alternatives to the built-in app. Both in the AppStore and Cydia. It's all good now. :D

Now this takes on a new status. What had been infuriating, is now a project to figure out the "why" part.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but it is still very odd that your native "Mail" app is gone. I've been monitoring this thread because I was hoping someone with experience in this matter would have an answer, as I don't. It's just a very curious occurrance, is all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711