iPhone 3G[S] 3.1.2 (7D11) with modem firmware 05.11.07

I've bought this iPhone from Czech Vodafone. On Apple site it says that this carrier doesn't lock iPhones. But each time i insert a new sim card, the "Connect to iTunes" screen appears. And if I try to do this, it says that I have a bad sim card. I was sure that if iPhone is unlocked, than I must activate it only once with the carrier sim card (I think i did it, because my vodafone cz card works fine) and after this I can use any sim card without iTunes. So I think that it is locked.

Is it possible to unlock it? I've made a jailbreak with blackra1n and then installed blacksn0w. But this doesn't help. iPhone is still locked. May be this is because of new bootrom? May be when i reboot the device and run again blackra1n, the blacksn0w effect dissapears?
    Last edited by biggun; 02-17-2010 at 02:37 AM.
    02-16-2010 04:44 PM
    Can somebody at least tell me if it is locked or unlocked?
    02-17-2010 09:22 AM
    Being in czech also, and having a problem with an ebay bought new 3gs... jail broken succesfully but problem rebooting, see latest post. I have often wondered if buying an unlocked 3gs from CZ would have been simpler, but perhaps not.

Perhaps you have a tethered jailbreak, as I do... i.e MC is in the serial no of phone... you apparently need to rerun blackrain... but at the moment this isn't working for me... I'f I'm understanding you correct you are stuck on that USB cable screen when you turn on the phone... this is what I'm on also (After jail breaking and then rebooting)...

N
    02-17-2010 10:20 AM
    Sounds like the phone isn't unlocked. You'll need to restore the 3.1.2 firmware and rejailbreak and unlock it.
    02-17-2010 10:39 AM
    ndudman, no, the problem is not after reboot. I realize that now i have to run blackra1n evry time I reboot it. This is because of new bootrom.

DataCentre, I would liketo do it, but I get this device already with 3.1.2 firmware, so I was unable to dump SHSH (Apple doesn't sign it anymore) so I just jailbreak it. Is it still possible to restore to original 3.1.2?
    Last edited by biggun; 02-17-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    02-17-2010 01:03 PM
    If you don't have the shsh... you missed the deadline before applle stopped signing it (I think around 4/2/10.. (I missed it by a few days with my new iphone) then I understand you can't restore to 3.1.2...

I wish it was otherwise as I'm in the same position... the tethered jailbreak won't work anymore... I've been at it days, tried everything, i guess...

am now trying to restore to 3.1.3 at least use some of the fetures of the phone.
    02-17-2010 04:34 PM
    I understand that its jailbroken if you see the cydia icon on springboard ? and if you run the other app... snow or something you can unlock the sim...

I'm interested if cz vodafone unluck the phone with the same method as everyone else or they get unlockded phones direct from apple, I'm guessing the 2nd.
    02-17-2010 04:36 PM
    It is jailbroken, I did it with blackra1n. Yes, I have Cydia. And yes, I've tried to unlock it with blacksn0w. But no success... It is still locked

And what do you mean, when you say that tethered jailbreak wont work anymore? It works for me. I have to rerun blackra1n evry time I restart my iPhone, but it works.
    02-18-2010 02:11 AM
    Now I checked out one thing... it works with all Czech cell operators. It activates each time through iTunes succesfully. But when I try to install other card (Ukrainian carrier), it fails. So may be it is just a problem of the ukrainian card. I've never saw the iPhone, unlocked for all carriers in the country but locked for other countries. I think this would make no sence...
    02-18-2010 03:06 AM
    It should be working fie as long as you're using a GSM SIM card. Are you 100% sure that blacksn0w successfully completed?
    02-18-2010 06:52 AM
    How can I find out if it is succesfully completed? It is listed in installed apps list in cydia. Is ti possible, that phone unlocked for 3 operators (all operators in country), but locked for all other world operators?
    02-18-2010 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD