2/14/10 For no aparent reason my 3gs just crashed, and would not rejailbreak no mater what I did. After giving up on that I went to my Itunes to restore the iphone, and it would not do it unless I did a update. I acceped the update, and now Apple's new update blocks all attemps to Jailbreak. My Question is can AT&T crash your Iphone when ever they feel like doing so.
    02-15-2010 01:24 PM
    paranoid are we?

You could of restored to a old firmware by pointing iTunes to the prior version during the restore... Your phone crashed, AT&T did not do this...
    02-15-2010 03:10 PM
    Where are you getting these ideas?

Jailbreaking can and does break phones.

if you modified it you took the risks that it would crash.
    02-15-2010 03:44 PM
    paranoid are we?

You could of restored to a old firmware by pointing iTunes to the prior version during the restore... Your phone crashed, AT&T did not do this...
    Itunes would not let me restore my Iphone. The popup last night kept telling me that you have to update to the newest verison before restore can work, and I have jailbroke my 3gs about 100 times. I attemped to rejailbreak my phone about 15 times last night, and all it would do was keep on restaring back into the jailbreak screen, and if I unplug the USB then the phone will restart into the unjailbreak mode.
    02-15-2010 04:41 PM
    So you tried to do the jailkbreak AFTER you updated to 3.1.3.? what program did you use to try to jailbreak?

and if you are NOT on the older bootrom type 3GS, you CANNOT jailbreak on 3.1.3 right now...I'm guessing thats why it didn't work.
    02-15-2010 04:45 PM
    Where are you getting these ideas?

Jailbreaking can and does break phones.

if you modified it you took the risks that it would crash.
    The reason I asked was that I picked up my phone, and started dialing a number when the phone crashed, and I think that was kind of funny that when I go to restore Itunes would not do it without updating, and when It did update it will nolonger jailbreak no matter what i do.
    02-15-2010 04:46 PM
    iTunes will attempt to verify the firmware before it installs it. iTunes has stopped signing 3.1.2 and you need to change your computer to point to a special server if you need to restore to a non 3.1.3 firmware.

If you were jailbroken on 3.1.2 and used Cydia and chose "Make my life easier" you can still downgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak but you will not be able to unlock if that is needed.

Read this: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    02-15-2010 04:50 PM
    So you tried to do the jailkbreak AFTER you updated to 3.1.3.?
    Yes I tried about 15 times, and now that the update went through my Iphone will not take the jailbreak. what it does is: The jailbreak pops up on the iphone, then the jailbreak popup tells me that the jailbreak is recovery mode, then jailbreak tells me that it is working, but it never gets thru working. I can disconect my Iphone and it will restart in the unjailbreak mode.
    02-15-2010 04:52 PM
    So you tried to do the jailkbreak AFTER you updated to 3.1.3.? what program did you use to try to jailbreak?

and if you are NOT on the older bootrom type 3GS, you CANNOT jailbreak on 3.1.3 right now...I'm guessing thats why it didn't work.
    I went stright to the blackra1n site, and ran the program like always.
    02-15-2010 04:59 PM
    You cannot jailbreak on 3.1.3. That's why blackra1n isn't working.
    02-15-2010 05:04 PM
    All I'm going to say is WOW. Seriously. Just. WOW.

A whole thread because Of this stupidity....
    02-16-2010 12:12 AM
    My question is why has he jailbroke his phone "100 times" ? My mind can't even grasp that.
    02-17-2010 04:47 AM
    That explains it lol
    02-17-2010 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD