Alright today i was downloading some apps from the app store and cydia and i downloaded aptbackup. After that i went home and pressed backup and then restore. AFter it rebooted all my app store apps were gone. I cant search them any more but i see them in sbsettings poof thing. I try to hide/unhide them but no luck. I turned on and turn off. IDK what to do now. Im scared of restoring because for the 3.1.3 no jailbreak for iphone 3g. PLEASE HELP!!!

Btw i dont have catagories installed, i cant ssh cuz i didnt install openssh yet. I can use ifile. I cant use terminal
    Prefs:
    Iphone 3g 8gb
    firmware 3.1.2
    02-15-2010 01:59 AM
    Why the hell did you press restore?

It clearly tells you never to hit that button.

*shakes head* I'm getting tired of some I the antics on this site.

IN THE APPLICATION, IT TELLS YOU THAT YOU ONLY HIT BACKUP. AND IF YOU UOGRADE YOUR OS, OR HAVE TO RESTORE FROM A BACKUP IN ITUNES, AND REJAIKBREAK, YOU GO TO CYDIA, REDOWNLOAD APTBACKUP, AND THEN HIT THE DAMNED RESTORE BUTTON.

And before people tell me to lay off the caps, and to stop yelling... Hell no! I meant to yell at the dude! It gives you an ENTIRE DISCLAIMER when you open the god damned app! Why do you think they put that there? To waste their time typing useless information?!?!
    02-16-2010 12:18 AM
    And on a sidenote, in sbsettins, just go to "more" and truly to turn the toggle from "off" to "on" in the "hide icons" section.

See if that works. If it doesn't, I don't know what to tell you. You may have to upgrade and lose your jailbreak.
    02-16-2010 12:20 AM
    i checked poof, they werent hidden, i went into ifile and saw that the apps were still there tho. ANy other solutions?
    02-16-2010 11:34 PM
    Their data may still be there, but it's most likely going to have to be fixed through a restore - which is NOT a good idea right now because if you restore, you'll be forced to upgrade to 3.1.3 which cannot be jailbroken.

Right now, I'm not sure what to suggest dude. Maybe someone else on the forums has had a situation like this that they would be able to help with?
    02-16-2010 11:39 PM
    lol i restore by doing shift restore, im still on 3.1.2 so yea
    02-17-2010 08:13 PM
    So did that fix the issues with the missing icons? And did it do a full restore without any issues?
    02-17-2010 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD