Downgrade or Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 on Baseband 05.12.01

danielwozere

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi i have an iPhone 3GS
(Bought off 02 IRL postpaid in my name)

i was running on f/w 3.1.2 (installed when i bought the phone) and it was perfect,
i Jailbroke it with blackra1n-1.exe,
I did not unlock the phone but i then had cidia and put on installus etc and was able to put on downloaded app?s!!
i never made a back up or put my shsh on cydia.
The other day my phone just froze up and i tryed everything,, it wouldnt work at all, all i could get was recovery mode on i tunes,,,
it wouldnt let me reinstall f/w 3.1.2 so i had no choice to update the phone as it would not work,

Now im stuck on 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01
Help, What can i do, i have lost my jailbreak

someone please help or has anyone any advice??

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you never backed up your shsh on cydia? I had no memory of doing it but I mist have because I was able to downgrade to 3.1.2. I think the first time you open cyidia the "make my life easier" button pops up automatically and there's no reason not to press it.

danielwozere

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i dont think i did,, well i have no memory of doing it??

what steps did you use to downgrade to 3.1.2?
was it just to change the 'hosts file'
(79.??..... gs.apple.com : something like that)
and them use ithues with phone in recovery mode and press shift and put a custom fw v3.1.2??

Or could you tell me what you did??

ah i hate this new baseband 05.12.01,, it has me robed ha ha ha ha
all i want is my jailbreak so i can have cydia, installus, opes SSH n have free files :(
it not fair? :(

But anyway, back to the downgrade?? How plz... lol

o n anyone any idea where would be the best place to watch out for a jailbreak on the iPhone 3GS f/w 3.1.3 n bb 05.12.01 ???

(btw, i tryed all the sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS.ipsw custom unlocker, the one that takes your 3.1.3.ipsw and changes it and gives u new one to use, but it wont work, keep gettin error 1604 while itunes is prepairing phone for restore,,, :(
now that leaves ya stuck in the recovery loop,, (as im sure this has happened alot of you before) but if you use iH8sn0w - iREB V3.1.2 For Windows and simply click recovery loop fix it will fix your phone in secs and leave it the way it was before you tryed putting in the snowbreeze custom 3.1.3.ipsw or whatever it was you tryed to put in!!
Works with all iPhone 3g and 3gS up to any FW even 3.1.3!!!

o yeah i seen alot of people in other forums asking how to fix the prob of been stuck in recovery loop,, well thats it,,,

Back to what i was saying,,, downgrading to 3.1.2?? hod did u do it?? and is their a way to check if you have backed up with cydia do you know??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro