Tethered jailbreak with Blackra1n no longer rebooting successfully

narcodave

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I have an Iphone 3gs which has been unlocked and jailbroken. Over the last few weeks I have successfully used Blackra1n to perform a tethered jailbreak whenever I have had to reboot.

2 days ago when I came to do this again everything went exactly as planned, I see the Geohost screen on the iphone, I get the message to wait for reboot but then the iphone reboots but not as before.

I no longer see the lock screen but the "connect to itunes" recovery screen. Before this would appear for an instant then the phone would immediately power down and would be back to normal with everything working correctly. I have not updated anything from itunes recently. The last successful re-jailbreak was only 4 days ago when I accidently ran the battery down.

I have tried running blackra1n a number of times and connecting my USB to different ports, running with and without itunes, removing the iphone from the USB after it starts to reboot but every time it just returns to the "connect to itunes " screen and is unusable.

Anyone experienced this or can offer any solutions other than to restore through Itunes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried running blackra1n on a different computer or laptop? You don't even need iTunes insalled, you just install blackra1n, run it, and see if that works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner