My girlfriend just got a 3GS(ver. 3.1.2, has serial number of ***46******) this sunday, and i helped her jailbreak(tethered) it with blackra1n and unlock with blacksn0w.
    She was playing around with it and she was having network issues with it, and seems like she cannot find any wifi signals. So she went and reset network settings.
    After this, it went to the recovery mode (Apple icon with the iphone cable screen), and like before, she tried to use blackra1n to boot her iphone back up. But this time, the iphone suddenly get stuck at the 'done, now rebooting' part, so the blackra1n face is on the screen for a few minutes. Then it went back into the recovery mode screen. (Repeat repeat)

She also couldn't get her ECID SHSH file.
    It says: "Couldn't get your ECID for your SHSH for that model/version :sorry." :S
    She also tried to restore on iTunes custom firmwares, but gets 1604 or 1600 errors when trying to do so.

She's scared as **** rite now, and doesn't know what to do. (Too bad neither do I)

Does anyone have any suggestion?
    Any help is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. Thanks a lot guys.

OH ya, she would like to keep the iphone unlocked. So i guess 3.1.3 isn't the way to go.
    02-10-2010 09:55 AM
    Well, as far as the 16xx errors, here's how you fix them.

HOW TO FIX 16xx ERRORS WHILE RESTORING

Once you get the error DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE OR CLOSE ITUNES.

1). You get the error. (in this case, 1601)
    2). DON'T TURN OFF ITUNES. DON'T DISCONNECT IPHONE.
    3). If the iPhone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If it's off or unresponsive, then you'll need to kick it out of DFU mode next.
    4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
    5). iTunes will finally detect it again.
    6). Now try to simply restore it - click on the "Restore" button on iTunes, and voil. It SHOULD work if everything went correctly.

Regarding the bootup loop, have you tried running blackra1n MULTIPLE times until it works? Sometimes it can be picky.
    02-10-2010 11:04 AM
    Thanks LVCIFER, but too bad it didn't work..
    02-11-2010 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD