iPhone won't restore

fcooper1

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When i go to restore my phone to a non jailbroken firmware itunes staes that it is going to verify the restore with apple then restore, this works fine; however if i use a pre jailbroken firmware itunes jumps straight to extracting firmware and then fails to prepare the phone for restore (error 1600-1611) please help me, this is really, really irritating
(p.s. I've tried 4 different pre jailbroken firmwares, 3 different computers and even an old version of itunes)

fcooper1

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
*Bump*
I'm really desparate and I just want to know if anyone thinks there is anything I can do or if I'm just screwed?
Thank you for reading

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
HOW TO FIX 16xx ERRORS WHILE RESTORING

Once you get the error DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE OR CLOSE ITUNES.

1). You get the error. (in this case, 1601)
2). DON'T TURN OFF ITUNES. DON'T DISCONNECT IPHONE.
3). If the iPhone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If it's off or unresponsive, then you'll need to kick it out of DFU mode next.
4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
5). iTunes will finally detect it again.
6). Now try to simply restore it - click on the "Restore" button on iTunes, and voil?. It SHOULD work if everything went correctly.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Not a problem. Sometimes, these "smart"phones can do some pretty stupid things. It's really just all about research, so don't feel bad about asking questions. ;)

mmm55

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Would you be able to help me? I own an iPhone 4 and my friends told me about the iOS 7 and how great it was and how I should download it, and so i did. I didnt like to so i decided to restore my phone, and it won't work, it says i need to be a developer. I didn't mean to do anything bad, I just really need my phone, and I put it on DFU mode on iTunes and everything goes well, but it won't load when it says "prepare for an update" and it won't restore, what can I do?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh