I hear rumors going around that the 3.1.3 jailbreak is hard. It isn't. But the only people it helps are those dumb enough to upgrade. Sorry.
    Twitter / George Hotz: I hear rumors going around ...
    02-04-2010 07:14 PM
    Sheez, from reading all his tweets it seems like he's pissed at all the complaints made by the "self entitled" people who didn't appreciate his work.

I guess I'm stuck with a 3G on 3.1.2 until devteam does something.
    02-04-2010 08:56 PM
    yeah, i really dont like his attitude towards all this. i understand he's uber smart to pull this off, and i know that everyone appreciates his work, but to say people are dumb for upgrading is a stupid comment. if he doesnt want to do it anymore, then get out of the game. if he wants to be paid for his work, then charge. but dont whine like a baby because not enough people say thank you or are asking for more features. it kinda goes with the territory i think. with that said, it'll be interesting to see who steps to the plate to make this version jail breakable.
    02-04-2010 09:09 PM
    Geo's attitude sorta reminds me of Peyton Manning, a talented person who sold himself out to endorse whatever product. His face is plastered all over prime time TV commercials, but he gets upset when the general public "bothers" him.

If he didn't want the recognition, he shouldn't have endorsed cell phones, Oreos, Direct TV, Reebok, Gatorade, Master Card, banks, hospitals, trading cards and the list goes on.
    02-04-2010 09:42 PM
    Except for the fact that George is endorsing nothing, and is merely working on his own project that happens to benefit other people. People who jailbreak and upgrade without considering the ramifications probably shouldn't have jailbroken in the first place - it means they didn't do the research to start with.

Look at the number of stupid and repeat questions on the TiPB forums alone asking "how do I jailbreak," "will jailbreaking mess up my iPhone," etc. Look at the number of threads that have been closed because they are stupid repetitions from people too something (lazy/stupid/ignorant) to search first. Now multiply that by about a million and you see where George is coming from.

How many of you even donated for Blackra1n? Give the boy his due - he's earned his attitude.
    02-05-2010 07:02 AM
    I completely agree with you alli! Couldn't have said it any better. I used to visit this forum multiple times a day trying to find out as much info as I possibly could re: jailbreaking. It seems as though within the last couple months all the threads are about the same topics (how to JB??, "I turned my phone off and now it doesn't boot" etc). I am not trying to sound rude myself but people need to understand that the search function and google can be your best friend!

Happy Friday!!
    02-05-2010 09:14 AM
    Except for the fact that George is endorsing nothing, and is merely working on his own project that happens to benefit other people. People who jailbreak and upgrade without considering the ramifications probably shouldn't have jailbroken in the first place - it means they didn't do the research to start with.

Look at the number of stupid and repeat questions on the TiPB forums alone asking "how do I jailbreak," "will jailbreaking mess up my iPhone," etc. Look at the number of threads that have been closed because they are stupid repetitions from people too something (lazy/stupid/ignorant) to search first. Now multiply that by about a million and you see where George is coming from.

How many of you even donated for Blackra1n? Give the boy his due - he's earned his attitude.
    I agree with this stance.

People complain that an upgrade doesn't come soon enough despite having no real understanding of what it takes to get jailbreaking working.
    02-05-2010 09:20 AM
    Hmm, I might fall into the category that is described as...

>> I am not trying to sound rude myself but people need to understand that the search function and google can be your best friend!

However, I came here and started asking some clarification questions about jailbreak. In my research I came across some conflicting information. Hearing from folks that have already jailbreaked, learning what potential problems may appear, and their solution, has been valuable.

Oh, I get my 1st iPhone today (-: Still a little nervous about jumping into jailbreak, but I feel better about it today vs when I started asking questions.

Feedback has been terrific! But yes, seach & read 1st, and then come and ask questions.
    02-05-2010 10:28 AM
    Personally who cares if 3.1.3 doesnt get a JB. It added basically nothing useful unless you are Japaneese or you just LOVE the battery percentage indicator. I'm very happy with all the work Geo has done and everyone else who makes it possible to JB and enjoy the iPhone that much more!
    02-05-2010 11:20 AM

I did donate, both for black and purplera1n. I know the amount of work it takes to find holes in software like he's done for jailbreaks and unlocks. He's "the" guy to go to for jailbreaks and unlocks. He has the earned his right have attitude. He was the first person to unlock the original iPhone, he came out with Purplera1n and Blackra1n when the dev team had nothing or had nothing for the PC. He came out with blacksn0w when nobody else had an unlock.

He mentioned that he'd likely not have another jailbreak until 4.0 came out since he didn't believe that there would be enough changes in 3.x to warrant the work. I can't say I disagree with him in the least. He's also working on countless other projects and going to school.

I expect to see the dev-team with something out in a few months.
    02-05-2010 11:56 AM
    I donated too, not once but twice and I do agree with the posting about the same questions being asked over and over again. I use the search but I guess it is easier to post the same question again.

There is this Blackberry/iPhone site I visit and they have so many threads about Verzion getting the iPhone that it makes me sick, same thing over and over again. I don't visit that site anymore, besides the blackberry users always bash iPhone users and the Admins and Mods do nothing about it.
    I really do not care if Version gets the iPhone or not , I live in Romania.
    02-05-2010 01:30 PM
    i agree with Alli 100% on this one.

I can't say how many times I've come to the forums and RIGHT on the fisrt page, there is 10 different threads on what ultimately are tethered jailbreak questions. I recall one in which someone said "do a search for tethered jailbreak" and the OP responded "what's a tethered jailbreak?" O_o

people really don't bother searching OR researching before immediately posting a thread on a subject.

and one thing I don't get is the "accidental" upgrade to 3.1.3... does iTunes not ask you to CONFIRM that you want to upgrade???
    02-05-2010 02:23 PM
    I jailbreak, update to the latest firmware, wait to jailbreak again. It's not big deal since jailbreaking takes a few seconds and Rock remembers what you downloaded when I jailbreak again. Now for those who don't do their research on jailbreaking, tethering or whatever on this site or anywhere else, just ignore them.
    02-05-2010 04:05 PM
    i dont think this is so much about giving him his due as his rudeness sometimes in what he says. this last tweet was just kinda rude in general. using the old spider man quote with great power comes great responsibility, he's apparently the best, and when you've got twitter going and other accts, you just have to expect to get lots of responses. i understand about searching and that you shouldnt be jailbreaking if you dont know what you're doing etc etc etc. but we all started somewhere. and if you've ever actually tried to search for something here or google for that matter, you'd be surprised what you actually come up with. and a lot of times, the answers make sense to people that know about jailbreaking, but not the ones trying to get started. i know that crackberry.com has a newbie forum, where new people can post those "annoying" questions that all the vets know the answers to. this way, if you dont wanna see those posts, you just dont have to go to that section, or skip them. ever go to the dmv, or some other establishment with a question about something? maybe go to your IT department or human resource department for a question about your computer or paycheck? it would simply be rude for them to say "do a search in your employee manual, or online and dont be dumb" wouldnt it? you have no idea about what they do, and although you might have a general idea, you might not know the specifics that you are asking about. thats all i'm saying. its like i tell the guys who work for me that train the rookies, no question is stupid, because we all started there. and in the process, we might actually learn a new trick or two as well.
    02-05-2010 04:40 PM
    i dont think this is so much about giving him his due as his rudeness sometimes in what he says. this last tweet was just kinda rude in general. using the old spider man quote with great power comes great responsibility, he's apparently the best, and when you've got twitter going and other accts, you just have to expect to get lots of responses.
    Don't forget, he's done the jailbreaks and the unlocks simply for the challenge and the fun of it, not b/c he's getting some big paycheck every month.

He has no responsibility to the general audience to continue his work or even generally support it.
    02-05-2010 04:54 PM
    i get that, but as soon as he made it public, and he got a following, that's when you have to expect some "spam" for lack of a better term. i see it as the paparazzi, it goes with what he did. he just hacked the ps3, and as cool as that is, as soon as he posted that, he had to have known what was going to happen. which i can only assume did happen. i don't want my message to be misunderstood either, i think the guys a genius, i wouldn't even know how to begin doing what he does.
    02-05-2010 05:02 PM
    i get that, but as soon as he made it public, and he got a following, that's when you have to expect some "spam" for lack of a better term. i see it as the paparazzi, it goes with what he did. he just hacked the ps3, and as cool as that is, as soon as he posted that, he had to have known what was going to happen. which i can only assume did happen. i don't want my message to be misunderstood either, i think the guys a genius, i wouldn't even know how to begin doing what he does.
    Ditto. Pretty much the same point I was trying to make but Cobra stated it so much better than I.
    02-05-2010 05:49 PM
    He's also a kid, not a politician. Politicians know how to handle hundreds of people asking for favors, the rest of us do not. It's not like he started off being short and curse with the public. We have driven him to it.
    02-05-2010 08:24 PM
    i dont think this is so much about giving him his due as his rudeness sometimes in what he says. this last tweet was just kinda rude in general. using the old spider man quote with great power comes great responsibility, he's apparently the best, and when you've got twitter going and other accts, you just have to expect to get lots of responses. i understand about searching and that you shouldnt be jailbreaking if you dont know what you're doing etc etc etc. but we all started somewhere. and if you've ever actually tried to search for something here or google for that matter, you'd be surprised what you actually come up with. and a lot of times, the answers make sense to people that know about jailbreaking, but not the ones trying to get started. i know that crackberry.com has a newbie forum, where new people can post those "annoying" questions that all the vets know the answers to. this way, if you dont wanna see those posts, you just dont have to go to that section, or skip them. ever go to the dmv, or some other establishment with a question about something? maybe go to your IT department or human resource department for a question about your computer or paycheck? it would simply be rude for them to say "do a search in your employee manual, or online and dont be dumb" wouldnt it? you have no idea about what they do, and although you might have a general idea, you might not know the specifics that you are asking about. thats all i'm saying. its like i tell the guys who work for me that train the rookies, no question is stupid, because we all started there. and in the process, we might actually learn a new trick or two as well.
    I totally understand where you're coming from. However I do feel that people have a duty to find out as much info as possible. Now if I have exhausted all possibilities about finding an answer to a question OR if I'm getting conflicting answers, I totally understand that. BUT if I go ask human resources a question about my paycheck...and the answer is written RIGHT on my paycheck, you can see where I'm coming from.

Of course we all have to start somewhere. We all are newbies at something.
    02-05-2010 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD