Tethering after JB?

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Follow-up...

After you have JB your phone & added PdaNet, you are suppose to change a root password, right? This is because someone can hack into your phone and ask for $$ to release it?

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm behind in the iPhone terminology. Trying to get current on the in's & out's of JBing & things associated with it.

Is there a risk of being in public & using wifi? The term associated with this is "sniffed.

SSH - So, if I do not use or disable SSH I do not need to change the root password after I JB my phone?

Sorry if this conversation should be posted elsewhere.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You still need to install PdaNet. I don't know if the Mac version supports BT tethering or not - I use a pc.

it supports wifi or direct cable only. I couldn't get wifi to work so I went with the cable connection. the benefit to me of the cable is it keeps the phone charged and the connection up

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
If your jailbroken you do not need to use mifi or pdanet or any of the wifi crappy tethering (not to mention paid) apps. Search the web for Att carrier file 6.0 and install it using itunes. you will be able to use the native Bluetooth tethering and usb tethering. have been using it since MMS was released

Yes, BUT, for someone like me. MyWi creates a mobile hotspot. When I'm on the road w/ coworkers, all six of our laptops can connect to my iPhone via MyWi. With just a tethering hack, I could only connect myself. So, if your like me MyWi is essential. Just sayin'.

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, one last question.

I'm going to JB (With BlackRa1n) my new 3gs (3.1.2) next week when I get back in town. Everything goes smoothly (Secretly crossing my fingers.), go on to Cydia and dl "PdaNet."

When/if my power loses power or for some unknown reason I turn my iPhone off, what do I specifically do to restore JB? I'm simply not seeing this inside the whole JB process.

Thanks!

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok, one last question.

I'm going to JB (With BlackRa1n) my new 3gs (3.1.2) next week when I get back in town. Everything goes smoothly (Secretly crossing my fingers.), go on to Cydia and dl "PdaNet."

When/if my power loses power or for some unknown reason I turn my iPhone off, what do I specifically do to restore JB? I'm simply not seeing this inside the whole JB process.

Thanks!

Dude, first ya hijacked an entire thread. You could easily google and find all these answers. And Second, you're way overcomplicating things. Furthermore if your phone loses power, your jailbreak doesn't magically float away. It stays on until you fresh restore. Depending on the device you may have to have it tethered, bu I think there's a work around now. I suggest you research a lot more, google, search here or macrumors.com. And then jailbreak. At least then you'll be more familiar and won't need everyones hand to hold. Good luck, its a very simple 5 min process....:cool:

EDIT: And get MyWi, PDANet is not nearly as nice in many peoples opinions besides my own. But just search more bro.

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...

>> first ya hijacked an entire thread.

Threat topic is: "Tethering after JB?"

Discussion has centered on: PdaNet, MyWi, & SSH.

Sorry if you feel I've hijacked an entire tread (?).

Just seeking clarification. See it from my point of view. I'm in a strange city with no real sense of direction. Asking for directions. You, and other's are on familar territory.

Sorry.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hmm...

>> first ya hijacked an entire thread.

Threat topic is: "Tethering after JB?"

Discussion has centered on: PdaNet, MyWi, & SSH.

Sorry if you feel I've hijacked an entire tread (?).

Just seeking clarification. See it from my point of view. I'm in a strange city with no real sense of direction. Asking for directions. You, and other's are on familar territory.

Sorry.

Regardless, sometimes when your not familiar with something the best thing to do is research before you do anything. My only advice is to google as much as you can, theres literally 1,000's of sites devoted to jailbreaking an iPhone. They explain everything real pain free. And to use your analogy, if you're in a strange city, ya cant just rely on others directions sometimes you need to buy a map and do a little grunt work on your own! Be good, and good luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner