Tethering results in loss of Signal??

cheliebely12

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPhone about a month ago, the only app I downloaded was MyWi, so that I could tether my laptop. (Yes, I know that's a no no) One thing I noticed was everytime I would initially start tethering I would lose all phone bars and 3g service, no edge either. This would last for about 20 to 30 seconds then service would come back, and I would switch the tab to on again and I wouldn't have anymore problems. I'm just paranoid I guess, it makes me wonder if there is some kind of hidden software from AT&T monitoring my iPhone. I also had to do a restore this morning and haven't re-jailbroke my iPhone again yet. I went into my settings to see the version of itunes I have and it says 3.1.2, which is what I had before but after that it says (7D11) does this mean anything? I don't remember the (7D11) being there before.

All help is appreciated, and or any specific blogs you recommend for me to read on this subject.
Thanks, Machelle.

**also, I posted this originally in the incorrect forum, but can't figure out how to delete it. If anyone knows how please advise, Thanks again.