I jailbroke my iPhone about a month ago, the only app I downloaded was MyWi, so that I could tether my laptop. (Yes, I know that's a no no) One thing I noticed was everytime I would initially start tethering I would lose all phone bars and 3g service, no edge either. This would last for about 20 to 30 seconds then service would come back, and I would switch the tab to on again and I wouldn't have anymore problems. I'm just paranoid I guess, it makes me wonder if there is some kind of hidden software from AT&T monitoring my iPhone. I also had to do a restore this morning and haven't re-jailbroke my iPhone again yet. I went into my settings to see the version of itunes I have and it says 3.1.2, which is what I had before but after that it says (7D11) does this mean anything? I don't remember the (7D11) being there before.

All help is appreciated, and or any specific blogs you recommend for me to read on this subject.
    Thanks, Machelle.
    01-22-2010 04:38 AM
    mine says the same thing and i just a few days ago updated to 3.1.2 and then re-jail/unlocked.now im curious to no what that means if u find out let me no and i will do the same.what is tethering?
    01-22-2010 06:24 AM
    FYI, My profile is wrong I know very little about the iPhone. I'll keep trying to change it to Newbie status, but so far it won't let me.

Tethering is where you use your cell phone for internet on your computer or laptop. I had a PDA phone before and used it for tethering as well. It's okay, not very fast for video though. If you get caught by your cell phone carrier they can hit you with a bunch of fees supposedly. I've never actually heard from anyone that this has happened to though. Watch your data usage if you do tether.
    01-22-2010 06:43 AM
    "Nanite" means you know even less than a "Newbie." You work your way up through the status depending on your number of posts. (Even if you are an expert when you write your first post, you're still a nanite.)
    01-22-2010 06:49 AM
    Thanks @ Alli

Just goes to show how little I know.
    01-22-2010 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD