go to somewhere like walmart and pick 100 people with iphones (assume there's 100 people with iphones there)

> 75% of them will not know what ssh is and > 95% of them will not know how to use their *nix command line

it's a problem because it requires technical knowledge most people don't know
    If they don't know what SSH is, I doubt they would install it. Thus, they are safe.
    01-20-2010 11:29 PM
    If they don't know what SSH is, I doubt they would install it. Thus, they are safe.
    you assume that they know if they need to know. it comes back to the same need for technical knowledge to even know if there's an issue.
    01-21-2010 02:35 PM
    Many, perhaps as many as half, of those who jb, have not the foggiest idea what they are installing.
    01-22-2010 07:24 PM
    I had to return my 3Gs the other day due to a battery issue. Before I had a chance to take the time to jailbreak it I missed the extra apps and the theme I'd been using. Same phone, etc., but just didn't seem "fun" without the extras.
    01-22-2010 08:07 PM
    I have the 3GS and thought about JB it but... honestly, the rewards vs. possible issues that could arise has made me decide I will wait until my contract is up and I get a replacement iPhone... then I may play with the 3GS.

I had fun playing around with my Razor when I found some Moto tools pre-iPhone
    01-22-2010 09:32 PM
    I was just wondering on the people out there who does not want to JB...why not?? I been wondering this since i 1st JB my iPhone a few months back...i couldnt think of a reason why not JB...so i figure, just ask
    I don't like jailbreaking because I want performance, battery life, security, and well about the performance when I did jailbreak my 3GS I lost speed for launching apps, battery life was horrible, and then I restored as new. I only jailbroke for skype over 3G. I'm sure multitasking will be coming very soon so see ya backgrounder.
    01-22-2010 11:24 PM
    I could see a bunch of reasons not to. Personally, I would never be able to own a stock iphone because it is completely crippled once you compare it to a JB one.
    01-23-2010 01:27 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD