Am I missing something really obvious?

hugh71158

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

this is my first post - hope to become involved much more. :)

I wonder if anyone can help with a small issue.

I tried to jailbreak my phone last night using Pwnage Tool 3.1.4. My phone is around 6 months old, a 3GS, iTunes and the phone are fully updated. The phone has been jailbroken before.

Everything seemed to go well, but when the process was finished iTunes said it needed to either set up as a new phone, or restore from a previous backup. I chose the previous back up route as I wanted all of my music, images, emails etc to be loaded.

The problem is, there are gaps where apps used to be, and it seems that the apps wont load onto the phone. Seems like the phone is not capable of loading downloaded apps. iTunes reposts the missing apps in an error log.

Is there some other step(s) that I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

Hugh

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Are u on 3.1.2?

Edit

it says you're fully updated... Who told you to use pwnagetool? I'm no expert but I don't think u can jb 3.1.2 with that u need to use blackrain

hugh71158

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Are u on 3.1.2?

Edit

it says you're fully updated... Who told you to use pwnagetool? I'm no expert but I don't think u can jb 3.1.2 with that u need to use blackrain

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I am on 3.1.2 and iTunes 9.0.2. The iphonedownloadblog has a tutorial on jailbreaking 3.1.2 with Pwnage. (sorry, I cant post links yet)

I thought that I was undoing the jailbreak when I imported my saved settings.

Hugh

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Well I think almost everyone here has jailbroken using black rain so if it doesn't help at least we know it's not that problem and we can go from there

hugh71158

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I think almost everyone here has jailbroken using black rain so if it doesn't help at least we know it's not that problem and we can go from there

That did it ... almost.

I was running blackrain but it was not showing up in my springboard. I restored the phone then tried again - success!

Thank you.

Hugh

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
i JB my 3G using PwnageTool and have had no issues at all. Blackra1n is MUCH easier to use IMO as I used it for my wife's phone, but PwnageTool CAN be used to JB 3.1.2 because I did it personally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2