New here - Help Unlocking my 3G

Sarcastic

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I am brand new to this forum and hoping someone can help me unlock my iPhone 3G.

I am in Canada but got my iPhone from my cousin in NewYork (locked to TMobile) So right now its inactivated. I jailbroke it using blackrain and now i can see the icons on the phone.

I put in an activated SIM card but it still says NoService on the top left hand side. My WiFi doesnt work either even after trying the reset of the network settings on the phone. Following are my questions .....

1) Even though i see the icons and i think i successfully jailbroke the phone, do i have to further do something to unlock the phone? if yes, then what else do i have to do? REMINDER ... wifi doesnt work on the phone. Can someone please give me a step by step instruction as to how to do this?

2) Do i have to go to my provider and have them activate the SIM or something?

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
You need wifi to install Blacksn0w, which is the unlock for the 05.11.07 baseband. After that you should be good to go :)

mpafr012#AC

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,

I am brand new to this forum and hoping someone can help me unlock my iPhone 3G.

I am in Canada but got my iPhone from my cousin in NewYork (locked to TMobile) So right now its inactivated. I jailbroke it using blackrain and now i can see the icons on the phone.

I put in an activated SIM card but it still says NoService on the top left hand side. My WiFi doesnt work either even after trying the reset of the network settings on the phone. Following are my questions .....

1) Even though i see the icons and i think i successfully jailbroke the phone, do i have to further do something to unlock the phone? if yes, then what else do i have to do? REMINDER ... wifi doesnt work on the phone. Can someone please give me a step by step instruction as to how to do this?

2) Do i have to go to my provider and have them activate the SIM or something?

Um, iPhone can't be locked to T-Mobile as it is locked to AT&T. To use on T-Mobile requires the phone to have been unlocked. If you did not restore the iPhone using itunes, the phone will still be jaibroken and unlocked. In this case you will need to contact your provider and have them set it up for you.

If you did a restore, you will need to jailbreak the phone by going to Blackra1n.com on your pc and jailbreak the phone. Then you run blakra1n on the phone and install Cydia, Rock and Blacksn0w. Blacksn0w will unlock the phone. You say you are in Canada but you don't say what provider you are using. If your provider is CDMA, you will not be able to use the iphone unless they carry the iphone as the iPhone is GSM only.

Sarcastic

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
i am on bell network and its on HSPA netwrok. I have already checked with Bell, they have tested it and say it can work on their network.

I have done the restore and jailbreak ... BUT, i cant seem to connect to wifi for t he life of me!!

I have tried all solutions that have been posted here or you tube but still nothing, including the reset of network settings. The phone did find my router for 5 secs and then it dissapeared. I am 3 feet away from my router

pintu123456

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
hey hi,

am using iphone 5 there is small issue with my mobile ,,,,,its showing no serivce and but calls are receving incoming outgoing are going.. but mobile network is not working........