Just be patient, and follow him at;

twitter.com/geohot

And try not to wet your pants.
    01-07-2010 07:15 PM
    Just be patient, and follow him at;

twitter.com/geohot

And try not to wet your pants.
    What bug? could you be more specfic as I am having problems with my wifi on my jailbroken iPhone 3gs today and would like to know if this is related .
    01-07-2010 07:45 PM
    YES that is what he just said Geohot is working on a fix for the wifi issue. Be patient it will come
    01-07-2010 10:06 PM
    Yes. He's going to make blackra1n'ed 3.1.2 play nice with the WiFi portion of comm center so that the WiFi bugs go away, basically.
    01-07-2010 10:31 PM
    Yes. He's going to make blackra1n'ed 3.1.2 play nice with the WiFi portion of comm center so that the WiFi bugs go away, basically.
    what are the bugs? Are you talking about mywi? Or something to do with connecting to wireless networks?

I haven't noticed or heard of any bugs, but I'm not up on everything.

Details details!
    01-07-2010 11:38 PM
    Your house wifi, starbucks wifi, panera wifi. Wherever you try to use your wifi. Not MyWi.
    01-07-2010 11:52 PM
    wish he would have won his f**king balloon contest so we could have a untethered jb...

george please make it untethered. Stop going to school, and hanging out with friends, and start working on the important stuff.
    01-08-2010 12:20 AM
    Yeah.... agreed.
    01-08-2010 12:56 AM
    Your house wifi, starbucks wifi, panera wifi. Wherever you try to use your wifi. Not MyWi.

What are the bugs?
    01-08-2010 03:47 AM
    The bug is that your WiFi won't work. If you are plagued by the bug...your WiFi will be greyed out and you won't be able to connect to WiFi.
    01-08-2010 06:41 AM
    How does a bug like this spontaneously devolp ? I thought jailbreaking was a onetime deal and once it's done it's done.
    01-08-2010 10:59 AM
    Not at all.

And jailbreaking doesn't cause this bug. It's an Apple bug.

Everytime a new OS comes out, you'll have to start from scratch and rejailbreak.

Where did you read that it's only a one time deal?
    01-08-2010 01:10 PM
    The bug is that your WiFi won't work. If you are plagued by the bug...your WiFi will be greyed out and you won't be able to connect to WiFi.
    I've never had this problem... does anyone know what causes it or what it's related to?
    01-08-2010 03:28 PM
    Not at all.

And jailbreaking doesn't cause this bug. It's an Apple bug.

Everytime a new OS comes out, you'll have to start from scratch and rejailbreak.

Where did you read that it's only a one time deal?
    nowhere just thought that jailbreaking only modifies a certain file (24kpwn or something like that) so why would WIFI (which has been working for me for the last 3 weeks with jailbroken 3.1.2) suddenly go capoot? I still have the same firmware and haven't upgraded anything ?
    01-08-2010 04:20 PM
    I follow him on twitter and that was the first i've heard of this bug. Does it only effect the newer bootrom phones?? knock on wood I've had my phone JB since last summer and have had no issues. Is this also affecting non-jb phones as well?
    01-08-2010 04:24 PM
    I have new 3Gs boot rom and it's affecting me and no it's not affecting non jailbroken iphones.
    01-08-2010 04:26 PM
    Yes, it IS affecting 7% of non-jailbroken iPhones.

Go through geohot's Twitter history from approximately mid-November through mid December. He's spoken numerous times about the greyed out WiFi bug.

It's a 3.1.2 compatibility issue, and it affects approximately 7% of ALL iPhones, jailbroken or not.

He even offered Apple a deal - if they paid him $10,000, he would fix the bug FOR them. He may have been joking, but they nver paid, so he never did it.

As far as this bug just randomly "occurring", there are apparently FOUR different versions of this bug. Only one of them is exaggerrated by blacksn0w, NOT blackra1n.

If you were going to have issues with WiFi, you most likely would have had them as soon as you upgraded to 3.1.2. iPhones that were shipped with 3.1.2 will most likely not be affected. It seems to only apply to iPhones that were upgraded to the current OS.

I hope this answers some questions.

And in regards to the one shot jailbreaking thing, it DOES permenantly modify some files to allow future jailbreaking, but you're thinking of the foot-in-the-door method, a/k/a "PwnageTool". As long as you've been jailbroken before, PwnageTool will ALWAYS allow you to jailbreak AGAIN in the future. But stand-alone software, such as redsn0w or blackra1n wouldn't be able to do it unless they found a different exploit. The foot-in-the-door method is extremely aggressive. Newer exploits are always better.
    01-08-2010 04:56 PM
    And for those of you who think I'm full of sh*t, here you go:

Wifi ProblemourSour - The iPhone Wiki. Count em'. Four.
    01-08-2010 05:02 PM
    01-08-2010 05:04 PM
    Man people can be difficult!
    01-08-2010 08:14 PM
    Yes, it IS affecting 7% of non-jailbroken iPhones.

Go through geohot's Twitter history from approximately mid-November through mid December. He's spoken numerous times about the greyed out WiFi bug.

It's a 3.1.2 compatibility issue, and it affects approximately 7% of ALL iPhones, jailbroken or not.

He even offered Apple a deal - if they paid him $10,000, he would fix the bug FOR them. He may have been joking, but they nver paid, so he never did it.

As far as this bug just randomly "occurring", there are apparently FOUR different versions of this bug. Only one of them is exaggerrated by blacksn0w, NOT blackra1n.

If you were going to have issues with WiFi, you most likely would have had them as soon as you upgraded to 3.1.2. iPhones that were shipped with 3.1.2 will most likely not be affected. It seems to only apply to iPhones that were upgraded to the current OS.

I hope this answers some questions.

And in regards to the one shot jailbreaking thing, it DOES permenantly modify some files to allow future jailbreaking, but you're thinking of the foot-in-the-door method, a/k/a "PwnageTool". As long as you've been jailbroken before, PwnageTool will ALWAYS allow you to jailbreak AGAIN in the future. But stand-alone software, such as redsn0w or blackra1n wouldn't be able to do it unless they found a different exploit. The foot-in-the-door method is extremely aggressive. Newer exploits are always better.
    Ok so long story short will restoring the OS through iTunes solve this problem?also is this a recent bug or long standing bug ? I just switched over to the iPhone so I was never really aware of this problem
    01-08-2010 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD