Questions about Push Notifications

LuisT#IM

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Well, I got my iPhone last month (1st Generation 8 Gig). It is unlocked to T-Mobile and jailbroken with blackra1n and bootneuter. I was wondering why my Push Notifications aren't working? They never seem to be working. Like I have them on and stuff, plus I downloaded the "push and youtube fix" on Cydia and it still doesn't work?

Any help!?

Thanks.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
another aspect that proves jailbreak includes the word break. jailbreaking is not risk free and if you want all advertised features to definently work you don't jailbreak.

the benefits can be worth the downsides, however.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the app, too. I get my push notifications (I'm jailbroken) for most everything. But...I get no badges on Boxcar (although I do get text notifications). I get badges with the new Facebook app, and I get all possible push notifications with WhatsApp.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Depends on the app, too. I get my push notifications (I'm jailbroken) for most everything. But...I get no badges on Boxcar (although I do get text notifications). I get badges with the new Facebook app, and I get all possible push notifications with WhatsApp.

I'm jailbroken as well and push email used to work flawlessly. After I installed
the new FB app yesterday the push notifications weren't working. I did many
things from installing to re-installing, to re-booting and nothing. I then realized
that my push for BeeJive doesn't work either. So basically I'm not getting push
for email or any apps that use push eventhough my settings are set accordingly.

I installed the push toggle for sbsettings. I turned it off and then on. Now
whenever I do that I get the "connect to iTunes for push notifications" popup
when I open an app that uses push, such as FB. I connect to itunes, do my
sync and still nothing. Any suggestions? I've been baffled with this and I'm
also sure this is why my Yahoo push email hasn't worked right either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2