options should phone require rebooting

marvi0

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
ok jailbroken, and i have some concerns, here, it is my understanding that the phone should be rebooted every once in a while, to help stop lagging or the phone slowing down, or just to address somne minor issues with the phone, but now because i cannot have my phone turned of, what options have i got to make up for not rebooting?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can always boot on a schedule...Sunday nights so that you can do your tethered j/b. It takes an extra 90 seconds. I checked when I did it this past Sunday.

marvi0

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Any other options

Ok thanks for your reply but am seriuosly avoiding this proces so are there any apps to clean the system to avoid having to carry out the procedure again please

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
If you use SBSettings, there is a free memory operation that I use. However, I find it best to reboot the one at least once a week.

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
yeah sbsettings would certainly help. but i've found just like jamesus that a hard reset like once a week keeps the phone from getting "bogged down". like alli said...it takes like 90 seconds at the MOST.its not like you have to COMPLETELY re-jailbreak your phone and take hours to complete here.