Need Help Jailbreaking iPhone 3G!

ipone3gz

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
guys having a major problem.
my mate bought a iphone 3G off ebay and its locked, i thought i would be able to unblock it but its on the screen with no sim card installed, so ive tried restore and it didnt work.
i want to jailbreak it for him anway i was wondering if anything could be done??

thanks

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
JAILBREAK/UNLOCK IPHONE 3G

Don't download any firmwares from any sites. There's no need to even use PwnageTool right now either. Connect your 3G to iTunes. (Hopefully, you're running the newest version of iTunes) When it asks you if you want to update your iPhone, SAY YES. This will erase any an all jailbreak and unlocks previously there. DON'T PANIC.

Download and install the official firmware, 3.1.2 from iTunes.

Go to blackra1n.com and download blackra1n.

Now, after you restore from iTunes, when everything is about 98% done, it will ask you to insert the SIM card that came with your phone from AT&T. If you have AT&T, great. If you don't, a/k/a T-Mobile, INSERT THAT SIM CARD, and then follow these instructions.

Open up blackra1n on your PC, and then click "Make it rain" and jailbreak your phone. This will also 'hacktivate' your phone with your alternate SIM card. (Note: follow directions at the end of this post to fix Push Notifications, YouTube and Wi?Fi for hacktivated iPhones)

YOU MAY NEED TO ATTEMPT THIS MULTIPLE TIMES FOR IT TO WORK CORRECTLY. Sometimes there are minor errors. Let it do it's thing. It is okay and even somewhat expected.

Once blackra1n.app is installed to your springboard (a/k/a iPhone home screen), choose to install "sn0w"( a/k/a blacksn0w) from your iPhone. Once again, make sure it that you connect to Wi?Fi first. It will be the only way you can install Cydia/Rock if you're not on AT&T.

1) Open up the "blackra1n.app" on your iPhone.
2) Tap on "sn0w" until a green check mark appears next to it.
3) Tap "install".
4) Watch for the splash screen telling you that it was successful.
5) Turn your iPhone off.
6) Insert your SIM card.
7) Turn the iPhone back on.

After installing sn0w, install Cydia.

1) Open up the "blackra1n.app" on your iPhone.
2) Tap on "Cydia" until a green check mark appears next to it.
3) Tap "install".

Cydia will ask you questions, and to update. Select "Graphical User", and "Update All". Let it restart and reboot. Once it does it's thing...

-OPTIONAL-
If you have data or MMS problems with ANY carrier, you may want to google or wikipedia "iPhone APN Settings" to find a way to fix those issues. However, if the plan for the cell carrier SIM card you've inserted does not include data, then your Internet/e-Mail/maps/gps etc won't work. You will have to add data/MMS to that SIM cards plan for them to officially work.

Voil?. You're updated, jailbroken, and unlocked on the newest OS.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
For some, the new blackra1n HACKTIVATED jailbreak was causing problems with Wi-Fi, YouTube, and Push Notifications. Here is a quick guide on how to fix these problems.

Wi?Fi
1. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, then click "OK"
2. Reboot your iPhone, when it comes back on Wi?Fi should be fixed, but next time you reboot you have to do this again.

YouTube and Push Notifications for "hacktivated" iPhones.

1. Go to Cydia
2. Tap Manage at the bottom
3. Tap Sources
4. Tap edit in the right hand corner
5. Tap add.
6. Type cydia.iphoneil.net
7. Tap done
8. Search for "PushFix" and tap on the first result
9. Install then confirm
10. Reboot your iPhone.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Also, if "cydia.iPhoneil.net" doesn't have it, simply add "sinfuliphonerepo.com" instead and PushFix will be there as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711