after installing mywi app with ROCK, my battery dries up quickly even when it's off or standby, why is it so?
    01-03-2010 09:04 PM
    Are you turning MyWi off? I don't have any problems. Also, after turning MyWi off, make sure you turn off WiFi. Turning MyWi off does not turn WiFi off.
    01-03-2010 10:32 PM
    Yes, it uses up A LOT of battery power when in use. And from what it sounds like, there may be a problem with your iPhone actually disabling MyWi upon exit. NEVER EVER just press the home button to close the program and forget about it.
    01-03-2010 11:07 PM
    Speakig of mywi...what's a legit amount of tethering per month in order to not cause some crazy ordeal with AT&T? Besides not using it at all...
    01-05-2010 04:21 AM
    I use on average between 3.5/4.0GB per month for tethering. Haven't had any issues.

As long as you can reasonably argue that you're an avid YouTube addict...
    01-05-2010 08:49 AM
    Well as far as i'm concerned, I paid for an unlimited data plan and signed a contract that said that so they can kiss my butt. I'll use it all I want. Not that I use it a ton, but i'm not gonna let anyone tell me how to use my phone.

Anyways, Install the backgrounder application and you'll see if the program is still running afterwards. You don't have to use the application, but you can set it to see what's running. If you install SBSettings, i'm sure there will be a toggle to turn off the actual connection. I know there is with PDAnet. Good luck!
    01-05-2010 01:22 PM
    @STRATUS,
    Be sure to look over your contract, they might have an anti-tethering clause in it.
    01-22-2010 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD