I've read that after restore, an iphone will require activation over at&t network.. I don't have at&t sim, i brought my phone unlocked (blacksnow), without sim. it's an iphone 3g. i want to restore, but i'm afraid of the activation stuff. will blackrain hactivate it, without an official sim?
    01-02-2010 09:01 AM
    Your fine to restore your iPhone, You can just use Blackra1n to jailbreak & unlock it.
    01-02-2010 09:48 AM
    Yep. Hacktivation works fine. After you restore, when it tells you that the SIM is invalid and to insert the orginal SIM, run blackra1n at this point.
    01-02-2010 12:03 PM
    thanks guys. i've successfully restored my phone, but here's the strange thing : when i restored, i got the emergency call screen for a while, and then suddenly, a pop-up came "activated". is that normal?
    i'm from india and vodafone is the official carrier here. my sim is also vodafone; but i thought iphones are locked to a specific sim... not to any sim on the official network..

i don't know what happened, but it happened for the good
    01-03-2010 08:14 AM
    The iPhone is locked to the network, not the sim. Here in Denmark we have around 4 different networks and more then twice as many carriers. The carriers use the same network as other carriers.
    And the point is...: you can easily use a different carrier, as long as it's the same network...
    01-03-2010 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD