Hi,

I've been looking for the answer on this forum about getting blackrain to function on my iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2. I bought it at Christmas. After several attempts at restoring via iTunes, I now have blackrain app installed on springboard, but when I go to the blackrain app, it says: Please check your Internet Connect (Error...{can't see rest of message}). I want to be able to install Cydia as per jailbreak instructions, but does not appear.

Also, all my contacts and downloaded apps are lost from the iPhone and I did not back-up before starting this process. I've only had the phone for two weeks though so no big loss of apps, but do need contacts and iCal. Should I re-sync after the internet connect is solved? What is the proper order?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I've searched and searched. Thanks to anyone who can help out.

Last edited by Tamcam; 01-01-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: more details needed
    01-01-2010 11:12 PM
    If you scent backed up, there's no point in trying to resync. It will restore you back to factory anyway.

To fix your Internet problem... Uh... Before you open up blackra1n.app, go into settings and turn your WiFi on...
    01-02-2010 12:09 AM
    Uh...I don't use the WiFi right now, but only 3G. I checked Network in General Settings and it is on, but still no service. Anyone know the fix?
    01-02-2010 10:43 PM
    If you're on T-Mobile, you don't HAVE working 3G. Only edge. You have to turn 3G OFF to get edge to work.
    01-02-2010 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD